Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
For the doughnuts
1 tbsp fresh yeast
500 g plain flour
100 g caster sugar, plus 3 tbsp for coating
very finely ground walnuts, for coating
1 tbsp yogurt
3 egg yolks
25 g butter, melted and cooled
groundnut oil or rapeseed oil, for deep-frying
For the chocolate sauce
200 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids, broken into chunks
142 ml carton double cream
walnuts, to serve
1. For the doughnuts: mix the yeast in a large bowl with 135ml warm water, then leave it to stand for about 5 minutes or until it starts to go foamy. Mix in 125g of the flour until combined. Stir in the remaining flour along with the 100g sugar, the ground walnuts, yogurt and a pinch of salt, then beat in the egg yolks and the cooled, melted butter until the dough comes together, about 2 minutes. Remove and knead for a minute on a lightly floured surface. Put in a large oiled bowl, cover and leave to rise again until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
2. Slice the dough in half and cover one half with clingfilm. Roll out the other half on a lightly floured surface to 1cm thick. Using a small round cutter, no bigger than 3cm diameter, cut into rounds. Lay the rounds on a piece of baking parchment and leave to stand for 15 minutes. Repeat with the other half of the dough to make more rounds.
3. For the chocolate sauce: put the chocolate, cream and walnut oil in a small pan and melt over a low heat, stirring occasionally until you have a smooth sauce. Keep warm.
4. One third fill a large saucepan, wok or deep fryer with the groundnut or rapeseed oil, then heat until its hot enough to brown a cube of bread in 1 minute. Carefully drop in the doughnuts, frying in batches, and turning until they are golden brown, allowing about 1 minute on each side. Drain well on paper towels.
5. Mix the 3 tablespoons of caster sugar with the extra walnuts in a shallow dish and roll the doughnuts in this mix to coat. Serve warm with the chocolate walnut sauce for dipping them in.
Source link: http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/640636