Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
I received a sweet surprise in the mail on Valentine`s Day, and it was a heart-shaped pedometer that University of Kansas Hospital sent me at no charge! I really really love how cute this pedometer looks like and I am determined and very motivated to start working out again!:)
The pedometer comes with a free advocacy kit that aims to raise awareness about women`s heart disease. Here`s 10 tips to a healthy heart:
1. Walk a total of 10,000 steps each day (that is about 5 miles).
2. Eat a low-fat, high fiber diet.
3. Stop smoking or DON`T START!
4. Have fun! Manage your stress by laughing and spending time with friends.
5. Practice portion control
6. Keep healthy snacks on hand, like sliced veggies, low-fat cheese, nuts and fruit.
7. Get moving.
8. Drink plenty of water each day.
9. Get enough sleep.
10. Make small goals and reward yourself for meeting them.
Through awarenewss, assessment and advocacy, The University of Kansas Hospital`s vision is for A Change of Heart to become a national model for inspiring and improving women`s heart health.
Source link: http://achangeofhaertkc.org