Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hello lovely Luuuxers!
Valentines Day is just around the corner, and therefore, so are the celebrations! Whether you have a date with your sweetheart, are in the beginnings of a new romance, will be spending Valentines with your friends, or even if you have a date with Netflix (nothing wrong with that, girlfriend!), it can be so much fun to get glammed up for the most lovely holiday of the year!
I thought I would come on here and tell you how I achieved the makeup look in the picture, which is what I wore for my early Valentines Day date with my honey! Keep reading if you want to know more! It features a few drugstore products that I have been absolutely loving!
Since this look is expected to be extra-shimmery, I recommend that you do this eye look before applying any of your face makeup. That way, you can wipe away any glitter that may have fallen onto your face without ruining your foundation or concealer! Lets begin! :)
1. Since I was planning on this look being pretty shimmery, I wanted to use a more tacky eye base, so I primed my lids with the Sephora Glitterguard Eye Primer. It is a little more sticky than your average primer, but it isnt too sticky to the point where your eyelids stick when you blink, and it still is great for blending non-glittery shadows and keeping them vivid and crease-free for a long time.
2. I then patted the second shade in the Physicians Formula Extreme Shimmer Gel Cream Shadow Trio, which is a pale rose-gold color, on the inner two-thirds of my lid using my finger. Ive found that using my finger is the best way to apply these to get the maximum pigmentation and glitter on your lids. Take care to blend these out well because they are really shimmery and the glitter can tend to chunk up if youre not diligent with blending!
3. I used the third shade in the LORAC Skinny Palette in Nude to blend into the crease. This shade is a warm mid-tone matte brown that is awesome for crease transitions! I used a fluffy blending brush and blended, blended, blended until there were no harsh lines.
4. In the outer corner, I used a small detailing brush to apply my MAC eyeshadow in Sketch, which is a beautiful matte deep brownish purple. This is one of my favorite shades for amplifying or smoking out any look. Again, I blended like crazy to make sure all the colors faded well into each other.
5. I went back and patted a bit more of the Physicians Formula cream shadow, just to add some more shimmer where some was blended away. I also patted a bit of the shade Dust from the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, just because you can never have too much glitter!
6. I lined my top lashline with the Kat von D Tattoo liner in Trooper, making a delicate wing at the outer tip. I also lined my lower waterline very lightly with the NARS Larger than Life eyeliner in Via Veneto, which is an eyeliner Im not actually crazy about.
7. Using a small pencil brush, I went back with the brown blending shade from the LORAC palette and swept it under my lower lashline to create a more faded, smoked effect. I only lined until the end of my lashes, and kept the inner third of the lower lid bare.
8. I then used my Milani Shadow Eyez eyeshadow pencil in Sand Dune and placed it in the inner corner and inner portion of the lower lashline. I then topped this with my Urban Decay eyeshadow single in Easy Baked using the edge of a flat eyeshadow brush, to give the look a hint of soft, shimmery gold.
9. Finally, I did my brows using the Anastasia Brow Wiz and applied mascara: one coat of Maybelline Illegal Length and one coat of Buxom Lash.
That completes this eye look! I love it because it is romantic but also glamorous. You can modify it to suit your taste in many ways: you can tone down the glitter if it is not your thing, or you can make it more smokey or dramatic if youre going out on the town. Either way, I feel that this look would look great on any skintone and any eye shape, and make your Valentines date completely swoon!
Let me know if any of you try this look, or if you have other makeup plans for Valentines Day! (And if you plan on going au naturale, thats totally okay too!)
(image is mine, tutorial is original and exclusive to http://luuux.com)
LuuuxWeeklyBeautyComp tutorial eotd shimmer smokey