Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
This dish seems very healthy and filling. What do you guys think about it?
Andorra is located directly between Spain and France so both of those cuisines carry a strong influence over Andorran cuisine.
If one dish was considered to be the national dish of Andorra, it would probably be Trinxat. It is a pretty simple dish that is basically a fried pancake of potatoes, cabbage and pork, which are some of the only vegetables and livestock that are harvested in Andorra due to the poor, mountainous soil that is located there.
1 2-lb. savoy cabbage, tough outer leaves discarded
2 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled
1 package of bacon(12-16 oz)
3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
Salt and pepper
- Prepare the potatoes and cabbage by peeling off the skins of the potatoes and the tough outer leaves of the cabbage.
- Boil 2 pots of salted water.
- Place the cabbage in one of the boiling pots and cook for about 45 minutes or until it is tender.
- Place the potatoes in the other pot and cook for about 25 minutes or until tender
- Drain and dry off the potatoes and cabbage. Pull out and discard the core of the cabbage.
- Add the potatoes and cabbage together into a large bowl and mash them together. Salt to taste.
- Lightly cook the bacon on both sides and dry and drain off the excess oil when finished.
- Clean off excess oil from the skillet and use it to cook the garlic for 2-3 minutes to soften it up.
- Add and mix in the garlic and olive oil into the cabbage and potato mixture.
- Take half of the vegetable mixture and put into the skillet and flatten into a thick pancake and cook for about 5-10 minutes until the bottom obtains a slight crisp.
- Get a large plate and place over the top of the skillet and flip over the pancake and cook for another 5-10 minutes so that both sides have crisp outsides.
- Repeat the process for the remaining vegetable mixture and serve alongside the cooked bacon.
As you can see this is a really simple, yet hearty meal and perfect for really any time of the day. Enjoy!