Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
As you may know by now, I`m not a big fan of crunches, especially standard crunches.
There are so many different types of moves that target the abdominals more than crunches. However, I can`t deny that there are other types of crunches that are effective in toning your abs.
One of which is called the bicycle crunch. This is an intermediate level crunch as it does require a bit of stability and balance. This one helps target your obliques, which is the sides of your abs. Toning your obliques will give you that 11 shaped abs, like mine. I believe they`re also called dancer abs.
Place a yoga mat on a hard floor so you don`t injure your back.
1. Start by lying down on the floor with your legs bent and together.
2. Put your hands at the sides of your head and slowly lift up. Now lift your legs up to about a 45 degree angle. Keep them straight. This is your starting position.
3. Bend your left knee towards you while twisting your right body and elbow towards your knee. Keep your right leg straight.
4. Hold for 5 seconds.
5. Repeat with the right knee.
6. Do 2 sets of 10 repetitions.
For this move, remember to keep your back flat against the floor. This way, you avoid pulling your back muscles. It is also important to keep your neck in a neutral position. If at any point, you start to feel tired or pain in your neck, stop immediately.
This move should be combined with pushups, tricep dips and plank work as part of your regular resistance training. Resistance training should be done 3-4 times a week to help tone your muscles.
Hope that helps!
*photo is sourcelinked*