Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Recently, I`ve started to enjoy baking. I like sweets and desserts and I love making them. I created a list, known as the 25 before 25 list. On the list was my want to create rainbow cupcakes. So, I decided to try it today(021313). Here`s how I made them and you can look at the pictures of above to see how the process went.
1. First, I mixed cake batter as usual. I used boxed cake mix, 3 eggs, oil and water.
2. Secondly, I divided the cake batter in 6 bowls. I know there are seven colours in a rainbow, but 6 is easier, more functional and all-around more pleasing as it`s easier to mix the food dyes and create the 6 colours.
3. Thirdly, add the color dye to the cake mix. I started with 5 drops of dye for each colour and added more, the darker I wanted it. The dye I had came in 4 colours(red, blue, yellow, green). So, for the last two colours(orange and purple) I mixed 5 drops of both colours(red + yellow for orange, red + bleu for purple).
4. Fourth, Start to layer the mix in the cupcake pans. It`s best to use paper cupcake holders. Your colours should go in this order(purple, bleu, green, yellow, orange, red).
5. Fifth, When done layering the mix, put the cupcake batter in the oven.
6. Sixth, While the cupcakes are baking you can begin to make your frosting, if you want frosting. Do so by picking what colours you want your frosting to be. I decided on three different colours(orange, purple and yellow).
7. Seventh, Use Butter Cream or White frosting. Divide the frosting into 3 dishes and add the colour mix.
8. Eighth, Take cupcakes out of the oven, let them cool for about 5-10 minutes and begin to frost them with the different colours as you please.
9. Lastly, enjoy the delicious Rainbow Cupcakes! After biting into them you can look and see a rainbow.
These were definitely fun to make and very entertaining. Next time I make them, I`ll make less since I almost ran out of batter and I`ll use more batter to try to make perfect layers. Nonetheless, everyone in my family enjoyed them and I did, too.
Have you ever tried a Rainbow Cupcake, or made one? Do you want to? Are these directions helpful?