Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
I`ve been craving for Asian food lately. I made this dessert for dinner tonight. It`s super easy. I used canned mango because fresh mango are expensive here. Besides, I can`t control the sweetness of a mango when buying them fresh.
- 1 cup Sago
- 1 can Mango
- 1 can Coconut Milk (I used low-fat version)
- Palm/Brown Sugar (Optional)
- Sliced Almonds or your favourite choice of chopped nuts/seeds eg. Pistachios, Peanuts, Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds etc.(Optional)
Let`s get started....
- Boil sago with plenty of water until half translucent (still can see a tiny white dot in the middle)
- Take off the heat. Cover. Rest.
- Place coconut milk in a saucepan. Mix the juice from the canned mango with coconut milk to add sweetness. Turn off the heat when it just comes to the boil. If you use fresh mango, just add some palm/brown sugar to your taste.
- Place 1/2 cup of cooked sago in a bowl. Topped with coconut milk & mango. Served!
**I like to sprinkle some sliced almonds on the top but I run out when making this one.
TIP: If you`re trying to limit your sugar intake, sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar over hot sago before pouring coconut milk & add mango. The heat from cooked sago will melt the sugar. Just give it a quick stir before eating.
Hope you follow my recipe & try this easy & delicious some day.