Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hi everyone! I`ve been sitting on swatches of this product for a long time, and they are finally getting posted.
This is a swatch post for the NYC Liquid Lipshine in Midtown Mulberry. I think I bought a bunch of these a few years ago when they were new to the drugstore, so this is kind of a swatch/first impressions post.
- Super affordable: I purchased these for around $2 at Target
- Wearable shade range: I think all of the shades in this line are very wearable. Midtown Mulberry is the darkest shade I believe, and it`s not even that dark. It`s a medium, pinky-berry.
- VERY sweet vanilla frosting scent: This is the aspect of this line that I absolutely hate. I don`t mind a mild vanilla smell, but this is obnoxious right out of the tube and you can smell hints of it even after you apply it. The smell is so sweet that it is actually what I think about when I consider putting on this lipgloss; and then I pick something else.
- Non-sticky: The lipgloss claims that it is non-sticky, and it delivers. If you don`t like the tackiness of MAC lipglosses, then this formula will appeal to you.
- Applicator is great: It`s sort of an unusual shape compared to the more common doefoot or paddle lipgloss applicators. The long flat side is great for actually applying a smear to the lips, while the pointed end is good for more precise application around the edges, corners and cupid`s bow.
- Midtown Mulberry would be a great gloss for the holidays to wear alone or over a darker lip color. It`s also a cream finish, so there is no sparkle or shimmer.
Overall, I really like this lipgloss except for the cloying sweet smell. I think these are still sold in stores, though I do remember them being on clearance at one point or another. They are still on the NYC website, so I`m assuming they are still widely available.
Thanks for reading!
Previous post (Ulta Clearance Haul: Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments):
All images and content are my own. Please do not use or take without permission.