Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
3 years ago
Another food post, I know! I just love to cook, especially on the weekends so I try to cook as much as possible. This is a weekend favorite for me and the boyfriend. We are both huge fans of breakfast foods, we could eat at IHOP or Village Inn any time of the day! We make french toast with fruit, eggs, and bacon on Sundays and it`s slowly becoming a nice tradition. My boyfriend helps out by washing the fruit and cooking the eggs/bacon while I make the french toast. It helps everything go by a lot faster for sure. I also make the french toast with King`s Hawaiian bread since it`s a sweet bread but you could use whatever bread you like. I usually buy whatever berries are on sale, this week it was blackberries. I tell myself that adding the fruit makes it at least a little healthy lol. Do you have any weekend favorite dishes?
Ingredients for french toast:
- King`s Hawaiian bread, sliced (use any bread you like: white, wheat,etc...)
- One egg
- Splash of milk
- Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Butter (I use light butter to cook the french toast)
- Fruit and maple/pancake syrup
- Mix the egg, milk, vanilla, and ground cinnamon in a bowl large enough to dip the bread slices.
- Dip the bread slices on the both sides. Don`t let it soak up too much of the egg mixture because it will get soggy.
- In a pan over medium heat, place a little bit of butter in the pan and cook the bread slices on both sides. Each side should be golden brown.
- Continue this process until all bread slices are cooked. Top with fruit and drizzle syrup over everything.
- Serve with whatever other breakfast foods you like: eggs, bacon, etc...
**Picture is my own.