Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Have you ever been summoned for Jury Duty? This is my first time experience because the first time I was summoned I was dismissed because I was not 18 years old yet.
- I arrived 15 minutes early bright and early at 7:30 A.M. I ended up standing at the wrong building but was directed to the correct building. Everyone seated in the `waiting room lounge` and we had a mini orientation and overview. Sat around waited to hear names being called out but literally only 5 names were called, out of 100+ people. By 9:30 A.M., we were given a 45 minute break and I didn`t do anything except play games on my phone, chat and online shop. Came back and played the waiting game. Now, lunch is here (in hopes of being discharged) we had a 2 hour lunch break from 11:30 A.M. to 1:30 P.M. and that is where my boyfriend met up with me to have lunch at Burger Lounge (I yelped for nearby eateries and this burger joint appealed to me). I wrote a post about Burger Lounge here if you`re interested to read: http://www.luuux.com/viz/burger-lounge-original-grass-fed-burger After lunch, we had time to take a walk around Seaport Village then I went back to playing the waiting came. About 30 minutes into waiting we all were discharged! FINALLY!
Overall: I waited literally 7 hours doing nothing... except unproductive things such as playing games, chatting, online surfing and online shopping.
WHAT I BROUGHT WITH ME
- My mini Apple iPad
- My iPhone 5
AND, I forgot my headphones so I couldn`t listen to music or watch movies and my batteries were both drained out!
WHAT I RECOMMEND
- Bring a pen, not necessary though because they supply you a free pencil but I don`t like the old fashion pencils
- Bring your electronic devices - usually the waiting room offers free wifi connection. If I only knew they had free wifi I would have brought my laptop so I can watch movies and surf the internet in comfort. Don`t forget your headphones like I did!
- If you`re not a fan of using electronic devices bring a reading book, magazine, newspaper
- Bring a puzzle or wordsearch book if you`re interested
- Bring a hobby with you perhaps (knitting, drawing, coloring, etc)
- Don`t forget your snacks/water
Have you ever been summoned to Jury Duty? What was your experience like?
JuryDuty DowntownSanDiego SanDiego California