Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hello lovely Luuuxers!
Now that summer is finally on our doorstep, it`s been time to adjust my foundation routine! I hate wearing heavy foundations and products in the summer because they just melt off so fast and make my skin feel suffocated. But I also know that with summer days come summer nights, and sometimes we do want to have that full-coverage look without it getting greasy and gross!
Today I wanted to share both of my foundation routines that I have been using lately. One, on the left of the picture, is the routine I do for everyday warm days, and the other is for when I want to amp up the coverage and have my makeup wear all night!
1. I start with my Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-hour Primer in Fair as a primer and also to give my skin a bit of coverage. The coverage of this product is so light it is almost non existent on me, but I love the silky smooth texture it gives my skin, and it does seem to amplify the coverage of any products I use on top. But, best of all, this product has SPF 30 sunscreen, which is really important all year long, but especially in the warmer months when I know I will be spending time outside!
2. Under my eyes, I use the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in Brightener to make me look more perky and awake. I rub the product under my eye using the sponge applicator on the tube, and I also blend it downward along my nose, almost creating an upside down triangle under my eyes. I find that this highlights all the right places on my face and makes whatever cheek color I wear really pop!
3. For a light foundation, I use my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus (or Medium Plus if I`ve been self-tanning). I love applying this foundation wet, because it gives it a little more coverage, the moisture helps the product to blend in seamlessly with my skin, and it feels really refreshing to use a wet brush, especially on a really hot day! I just use a spritz bottle to dampen my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, swirl it around in the MSF, and then stipple the product to my face and blend using a circular motion. If you haven`t tried using your MSF wet before, you really should, it has a lovely finish and good coverage too!
4. Then, I take a dry brush, swirl it in MSF, and apply it like a powder to particularly oily areas of my skin, like between my eyebrows and my nose.
Usually this is it for summer foundation! I like how it still looks like your own natural skin, so you can look fresh-faced for any summer fun you may have!
(To pair with this, I like getting a natural flush using my NARS blush in Deep Throat and highlighting with a bit of MAC Soft and Gentle skin finish!)
Now, let`s move on to the big guns...the FULL COVERAGE:
1. Since I want my makeup to be able to battle the heat, I first use a mattifying primer. My favorite is the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector: it doesn`t have silicone in it and it keeps my skin super mattified.
2. I then color-correct my under eye circles using my holy grail corrector, the Pixi Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach. Think of Benefit Erase Paste or the Bobbi Brown Corrector, but way cheaper. I just dab this under each eye and blend well.
3. Using my fingers or a damp Beauty Blender, I then apply my Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Rose Ivory. This foundation has a gorgeous natural finish with medium to full coverage, and it is my go-to special occasion foundation!
**Keep in mind that this foundation does not have SPF! If you are interested in wearing it during the day, start off your routine with SPF, either on its own or as part of your primer. Sun safety is always REALLY important!**
4. To highlight the under eyes and up the bridge of my nose, I use the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch concealer, following a similar process of creating that upside down triangle under my eyes. I find that this concealer is a bit more dramatic than the Age Rewind one.
5. Finally, to set it all, I take a dry powder brush and dust my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Light Plus all over!
That`s it for the full coverage routine! Again, keep in mind that there is no SPF in any of these products, so if you`re going out during the day, add in a layer of SPF before you put your foundation on. I feel like this routine is more suitable for summer nights when there will be lots of pictures taken! :)
Have any of you used these products for your foundation routine? What do you like to do to even your skin out in the summer time? Are you having a great spring so far?! Let me know in the comments! :D
(image is mine and exclusive to http://Luuux.com)
LuuuxWeeklyBeautyComp foundation mac maybelline summer