Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Today in Nutrition class, we made Strawberry and Rhubarb Crisp. The Rhubarb was freshly picked from our garden. I haven`t tried rhubarb before today and to me, it has the texture of celery and taste of a green apple. It`s a very interesting vegetable.
I usually don`t post the recipe because I leave my recipes in my binder which is in my locker, but this time, I actually have it.
4 cups fresh rhubarb, sliced (about 8 stalks)
3 cups strawberries, halved (1 1/2 pint baskets)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
pinch of salt
1 stick butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup oatmeal
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix rhubarb, strawberries, lemon juice, cornstarch, and sugar in a large bowl. DO NOT MIX THE CORNSTARCH AND SUGAR UNTIL READY TO BAKE.
3. Spray the individual ramekins. Put about 1 cup of fruit in the ramekins.
4. Topping: use fingers to mix flour, oatmeal, and brown sugar into butter mixture until moist clumps form. Sprinkle topping over fruit.
5. Bake at 400 degrees until bubbly and golden -- about 20 minutes.
6. Serve warm with scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt
If you have extra topping, you can put it in the oven for 5-10 minutes and make granola!
I hope this recipe works out for you!
*pictures are mine.