Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
A 20 cm/8 square baking tin
A microwave, oven or a large saucepan
A large mixing bowl
A wooden spoon
A palette knife
A wire cooling rack
Extra butter for greasing the tin
50g/2oz dark cooking chocolate
100g/4oz butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 free range eggs
50g/2oz plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
A pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to: 180`c/ 350`F/Gas mark 4
2. Break up the chocolate and put it in the mixing bowl. Microwave it for 2 minutes on defrost setting or until its melted. If you don`t have a microwave put it on a large saucepan until its steaming and then put the mixing bowl on top to melt the chocolate.
3. Next mix in the butter, vanilla essence and sugar into the melted chocolate, beating with with a wooden spoon. When the mixture is smooth , beat the eggs and stir them in. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into the bowl and beat the mixture until smooth. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin and spread it out to the corners, using the palette knife.
4. Put the tin in the middle of the oven and bake the mixture for 25-30 mins or until the edges are firm, but the cake is springy in the middle.
5. Let the tin cool downfor 15 mins then cut the cake into 12-15 squares using the palette knife. Arrange the brownies on the wire cooling rack and leave them to cool.
Try adding 50g/2oz chocolate chips, raisins, or chopped nuts into the mixture at stage 3.