Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
For years I have tried many vanilla cupcake recipes and over time come up with my own variation. I love this because it is so simple, so straightforward, but so yummy!
Note: This is a recipe for twelve cupcakes.
- 175g unsalted butter (softened at room temperature)
- 175g self-raising flour (sifted)
- 175g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 300g icing sugar (sifted)
- 200g unsalted butter (softened at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cream
For the cupcakes:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and place your 12 paper cases into a cupcake tin.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the butter and caster sugar. Using an electrical mixer, beat until mixture turns into a light and creamy colour. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract progressively. Add in flour, do not overbeat.
3. Pour the batter evenly into the paper cases, roughly filling half of each case. Bake in the already preheated oven for around 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool.
For the frosting:
1. Using an electrical mixer, beat the butter whilst gradually adding in the sugar.
2. Add salt, vanilla extract, cream, and continue to beat at medium speed until it is creamy and fluffy.
3. Top your cupcakes off with the frosting using a palette knife and decorate.
*all pictures pictures are protected by copyright law*
recipe cupcake vanilla pretty food dessert