Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Good Day ladies! Finally, here it is. After so long, I now got the chance to play with my new makeup brush set from Sigma! I won one of Sigma`s giveaways last year around June 2013. I Know I`m so Lucky!!! (grin) Just really wanted to let you have a closer look at the Sigma Make Me Cool Travel Kit makeup brushes.
The kit comes with 7 travel sized brushes
F30 - Large Powder: Even powder application. Uniform blending of powder products onto the face and body.
F40 - Large Angled Contour: Subtle cheek application. Use the angle to softly contour the cheekbone. Can also be used to apply blush.
F60 - Foundation: Smooth foundation application. Apply liquid or cream products such as foundation and primer.
E40 - Tapered Blending: Soft blended crease. Using just the tips to apply color, sweep back and forth through the crease for a diffused and blended finish.
E55 - Eye Shading: Even application of color. Place color across the whole lid for an even and strong application of product.
E30 - Pencil: Soften and smoke out lines. Soften pencil liners along the top and bottom lash lines, add shadow to line the eyes or use to highlight inner corner of eyes.
E65 - Small Angle: Create precise lining. Moves fluidly and easily across the upper and lower lash lines. Use with gel, cream or powder liners.
The Make Me Cool Travel kit comes with a convenient and sturdy container which turns into brush holders. This comes very handy when you travel. Another thing that I really like about the container (apart from its gorgeous bright teal shade), it is made from leatherette material which is very easy to clean. Lastly, the size of the container is just enough for you to hold comfortably.
I already have an existing Mrs. Bunny Travel Kit which I got from Sigma two years ago (2012), you can read my full review HERE if you`re interested. That`s the Mrs. Bunny Travel Kit on the left and the Make Me Cool Travel Kit on the right. (What can I say, I`ve always loved blue hues. hehehe)
The Mrs. Bunny Travel Kit comes with the Vegan Sigmax HD fibers while the Make Me Cool Kit doesn`t. Don`t get me wrong, even though the Make Me Cool Travel Kit does not come with Sigmax bristles, they are still very soft and made from high quality bristles.
Here are the comparison of each of the seven brushes, so you can see their difference.
What I like about it...
* handy and convenient because the size of the brushes and container are just right.
* comes with a sturdy container, and it`s very easy to clean
* the bristles are dense enough, and not flimsy at all which helps with precise application
* it has very soft bristles that helps blend products easily
* I noticed that the brushes with white bristles blends powder products like a breeze
* I also noticed that the ferule is really tight, thus holding the bristles really well so it does not shed
* the brushes are very easy to clean using my Mac brush cleanser
What I don`t like...
* though there`s no doubt about the quality of these brushes, $75 is expensive for only 7 brushes
* I wish that instead of the E40 they switch it to the E25 blending brush (similar to mac 217)
My rating: 4 / 5
I really love the Make Me Cool Travel kit. The quality is superb and it`s currently the only brushes that I use personally. My other brushes are for clients. Would I recommend this? Yes Yes Yes! especially if you have the extra moolah to splurge on these brushes.
Until next time.
makeupbrushes sigmabeauty sigmabrushes