Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hello lovely Luuuxers!
A few weeks ago was one of my favorite times of year, the Sephora VIB sale! Prestige cosmetics don`t go on sale all that often, so when I am able to snag a deal, I almost always take advantage! And 20% is about as generous of a discount as you can get on makeup, so I splurged a bit! OOPS! But fortunately, I love everything that I got! I haven`t tried everything, but from what I have tried so far, I`ll let you know what I think!
I`ll list the products clockwise from the top left corner of my picture.
1. NARS Blush in Luster: This is a blush that I have had my eye on for a long, long time. It is peachy-coral with gold shimmer, which on my skin tone is the most flattering shade of blush. Lately I have been gravitating towards more ginger-nude-brown type of blushes, and this one fits the bill. I haven`t tried it yet on my cheeks, but I will give a full review once I do!
2. NARS Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow in Dione: This is another product that I had been wishing for for a long time! Ever since I first swatches these shadows in the store, I had fallen in love. They have a vibrant metallic finish that is stunning on the eyes! I have worn Dione, which is a cool-toned brownish taupe, and it does have the same beautiful metallic finish on the eyes as it does when it is swatted. I am highly impressed with how pigmented and true-to-pan this eyeshadow is! The only criticism I have is the price tag...$29 USD for one single shadow?! If it wasn`t on sale, I couldn`t justify it, but with the discount, it made it slightly easier. And I don`t regret it one bit!
3. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light: My skin is super dry, so I like products that can blur imperfections while also giving my skin some life. This Ambient Lighting Powder does everything I want it to do (set makeup, give a bit of coverage, blur pores and fine lines), and also gives my skin a beautiful, radiant glow that is not at all glittery. My skin just looks awake and alive when I wear this powder, and it really does make my foundation look polished and flawless. Cannot recommend it enough. Worth the expensive price tag, which is a problem because now I want to explore more from this brand and my wallet will not be happy!
4. Lancome Color Design Infinite 24 H Eyeshadow in Timeless Taupe: My mother is a lover of Lancome products, but I had not really given the brand a lot of attention until recently. I swatches Timeless Taupe in store and I couldn`t get it out of my mind! It reminds me a lot of the L`Oreal Infallible shadows or the Armani Eyes to Kill shadows, in which it looks a lot like a pressed pigment and has that same metallic, highly pigmented finish. The color is a slightly cool but mostly neutral toned taupe brown, and it is incredible. I also find that this looks gorgeous as a liner, which is how I`ve been using it these days!
5. YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in Corail Intuitive: I literally waited an entire year to purchase this lipstick! I noticed it not too long after last year`s VIB sale, and it was so expensive that I made myself a promise to wait to buy it until it was on sale again. I haven`t tried it again, but I am so happy that I finally own a YSL product, and the color Corail Intuitive seems perfect for everyday wear.
6. See by Chloe perfume rollerball: This was a bit of an impulse buy, but I can never go wrong with a great perfume. I`ve been loving really crisp, clean, sophisticated scents, and this one is so perfect! I think I may have found a new signature scent, along with Elizabeth and James Nirvana White.
7. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper: This has been talked about over and over in blogs and on YouTube, and I agree with the rave reviews! Super fine tip, super black ink, and super good staying power. What more could you ask for?
8. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Moonlight: I actually bought this thinking it would be a perfect complement to the NARS eyeshadow, and it really is. This caviar stick is a cream eyeshadow stick, and it is in a similar cool brown color family with an intense metallic sheen. I have been loving using this as a base, and the lasting power is really great, and the finish stays metallic all day. I want to collect them all now!
9. Soap & Glory Hand Food Trio: This is a trio of travel-size Hand Food hand lotions, one with the original signature scent, and two with limited-edition scents. I am obsessed with Hand Food because my hands get super dry, working in a hospital and constantly washing and using hand sanitizer. These lotions make my hands feel ultra smooth and soft, and they all smell incredible. Plus, buying them in a trio was a deal, even without the discount, but with the discount they were even cheaper. This purchase was a definite no-brainer!
That sums up my entire haul! I am so happy with everything I got during the VIB sale. Even though the VIB sale is over, I hope these first impression reviews help in case you want to start thinking of gifts for the holidays, even if it`s just a gift to yourself! :P
(images are mine and exclusive to http://luuux.com)
LuuuxWeeklyBeautyComp haul sephora review firstimpression