Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
When it comes to powders, I`m a bit all over the place. A majority of my powders are from the drugstore, my favorites are Rimmel Stay Matte & Maybelline Dream Matte. It`s rare that I find the need to splurge on a high end powder since I just use them lightly to set my foundations. I`ve tried a lot of different brands, and none of them made me go, "WOW!". About a year ago, I bought the Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder at Sephora since I had a gift card, and it sounded like a great powder. I bought it in the shade "Fair". To be honest, I kind of forgot about it since I have so many other powders that I was trying to use it. Recently, I`ve "re-discovered" this product, and holy cow, I LOVE it! I`ve been using it for about a month, almost every day. Here is what I think about this product:
Price: $59 for 21 grams of product and a mini kabuki brush
What it is:
A face-perfecting anti-aging powder and brush duo.
What it does:
Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder HALO is the first anti-aging powder with the science of skin care built in. It`s advanced formulation of pure gold, 48 minerals, 11 amino acids and a powerful peptide deliver powerful anti-aging benefits while the patented hydration system continuously revitalizes skin and provides a hydrated look that won`t accentuate lines and wrinkles. The built-in shaver allows for the convenience of a pressed powder combined with the radiant finish of a loose one, and the super-sized brush deposits the perfect amount of powder every time.
What else you need to know:
The powder is made for all skin types and is free of oil, talc, and parabens. Includes a custom Travel Kabuki Brush for flawless application plus a sample of our award-winning Photo Finish Foundation Primer.
Clinical studies show:
- After 10 minutes there is a 33% decrease in the appearance of wrinkles around the eyes.
- After 6 weeks of use, there is a 67% decrease in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles overall.
- The shades are great, and universal
- Goes on so smoothly and effotlessly
- Feels very lightweight
- Does not make my face look powdery or cakey
- Has a lovely velvety soft texture
- Has a great "natural" finish, skin looks healthy and gives a natural glow
- Seems to adapt to the weather. Whether it`s cold/dry or warm/humid, this powder holds up!
- I love the packaging! Unlike most loose powders, this has a "no mess" design. I love how you just simply twist the product and it grinds to a fine powder. You get exactly the amount you need
- A little goes a very long way
- You can wear this powder alone! It is totally buildable!
- I do notice that any "lines" I might have, seem to diminish while wearing this powder
- Wears all day without fading
- Dosen`t really transfer (yay!)
- Dosen`t break me out!
- My only con would be the price. It is a little pricey for a powder, it retails for $59
*please do not steal images*
Obviously there are SO many reasons why I love this powder! I am so happy that I discovered it again! Although it is a little expensive, I think it`s worth the price. I`ve tried a lot of high-end powders and for some reason, most of them broke me out, especially MAC. I am so glad that this didn`t break me out! It`s really lightweight and gives my skin a gorgoeus finish. And I love that it`s buildable, without looking cakey or powdery! I will definitely be buying this product again when I run out!