Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hi everyone! It`s been a while since I`ve posted a review but that doesn`t mean I haven`t been trying out the products! This product isn`t exactly new but it`s become one of my favorite foundations since I purchased it several months ago. This is the Revlon ColorStay Whipped foundation which is the latest addition to the ColorStay family.
Price & Availability
- $11 to $15 depending on where you purchase
- Available wherever Revlon products are sold
Shade & Finish
- Sand Beige is one of the lighter shades in the range and it`s a warm/neutral shade. I`m about NC25 and this is a great match for me.
- Has a natural finish
- Large glass gar with a plastic cap. It takes up the majority of my palm.
- It smells slightly chemically/makeup-y but that doesn`t bother me as you can`t smell it while you`re wearing it
How to apply
- I like to use the Sigma F82 (the rounded kabuki) to stipple and buff this onto my skin
- Natural finish
- Good coverage
- A little goes a long way
- Very easy to use
- Doesn`t fade or get blotchy on me throughout the day
- Easy availability
- Does not provide oil control
- Does not have any SPF
- Amount you get: 0.8 fl ounces versus the usual 1.0 fl ounce
- Color range does not cater to those who are very pale or very dark.
- Price: drugstore foundations as a whole are becoming very expensive
- Packaging: it`s very large, bulky and heavy. With it being glass, it could also break if you drop it.
After hearing all the good things about this foundation, I decided to pick one up for myself. It was a little difficult to pick a color because they ones in my color range seemed to be very similar to one another based on looking through the packaging and I think I ended up getting the same shade as my original ColorStay foundation. This has quickly become one of my favorite everyday foundations because it`s very easy to use. I just dip my brush directly into the jar and stipple and buff the product into my face. This is easier than my liquid foundations because I put those on a mixing palette before applying it on my face, so this foundation eliminates that step. I love the finish and the coverage and it lasts all day for me. I don`t know about the 24hour claim, but it lasts the 8 to 10 hours that I need it to. The only gripe I have is that there isn`t any oil control with the foundation. After a couple hours my nose becomes very shiny. This was the only foundation I brought with me to my boyfriend`s house and I used this exclusively for two weeks. It really makes applying foundation easy because I don`t have a makeup set up at my boyfriend`s house so I literally sat on a bed, with a mirror and unideal lighting and my foundation still looked pretty good. Now, while I did bring this to my boyfriend`s house, I wouldn`t recommend bringing this on any trip where your luggage might be thrown around. The packaging is very heavy and it`s made out of glass. Also, if the packaging is not completely right side up, the product inside will eventually settle to the new bottom of the container.
I really like this foundation for it`s finish and coverage. The packaging is bulky and heavy so that`s really the biggest con for me. If you`re extremely pale or extremely dark I`m not sure if you`ll be able to find a shade to fit you like you would from the original ColorStay line.
Thanks for reading! Have you tried this foundation? What do you think of it?
All images and content are my own. Please do not use or take without permission.
Come check out my blog sale: http://seralina.blogspot.com/2012/02/blog-sale.html
revlon colorstay whipped sandbeige makeup