Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
*images are my own.
This is a relatively new foundation, so I`ll try my best to be as detailed as possible! <strong>Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation</strong>
<strong>Price + Packaging</strong>
This product retails for $34USD and $41CND at Sephora stores or online, which is pricey, but around the same as most of the other high end foundations in Sephora.
Kat Von D never disappoints us with the appearance of her products, does she? This bottle is sleek, clear and plastic (which makes it nice for traveling). It comes with a discrete pump (silver toned hardware). For me, the pump dispenses the perfect amount which is nice because I find a lot of foundations or products dispense too much which is a waste.
My only concern for this packaging is what will happen when the product reaches its last bit. From what I can see, there`s no obvious way of taking out the pump/taking apart the bottle to dig into the bottom. I`m keeping my fingers crossed that I`ll get my money`s worth! I rate the packaging of this product an <strong>A-</strong>.
The coverage of this foundation is <strong>FULL</strong> and I don`t mean half ass/you`ll need a concealer full. I mean FULL coverage, stand on its own! The consistency is very thick, but once applied it does sink into the skin nicely and feel like a light weight foundation. If you prefer sheer/light coverage or tinted moisturizers, then this foundation isn`t for you. This foundation dries with a very nice matte finish, however I still like to set it with either my studio fix powder or MSF. I rate the coverage an <strong>A+</strong
This foundation is thick and dries quickly, so you will need to work fast. I recommend doing one side of your face at a time. I find that dense, kabuki styled brushes work best for this foundation. I normally apply it with a flat foundation brush if I don`t want to get my fingers dirty, then I buff it out with the <strong>Sigma F80</strong>. I`ve also included a picture of brushes that I`ve used that work well.
<strong>BLENDING IS CRUCIAL</strong>. This is not an "effortless" foundation. You will need to blend it properly and really work the foundation into your skin, especially if you don`t find an exact match. If not blended properly, you`ll see stroke lines. This is because the foundation is so thick and full coverage.
<strong>A good primer!</strong> I find using a good primer on your face helps to give you some more time and make blending it easier.
I know that sounds like a pain in the rear, but if you need full coverage, IT`S WORTH IT! I rate the application of this product a <strong> B+</strong>
<strong>Other bits of information</strong>
- <strong>How many shades are there?</strong>: 14, ranging from light, medium and dark.
- <strong>Is it scent free?</strong>: Yes and no. There is a scent to it even though the packaging says there is not, however once blended into your skin, its gone. The smell is neither good or bad.
- <strong>Did it cause you to break out?</strong>: No, but take into consideration that I don`t have sensitive skin and most products do no break me out.
-<strong> Is this line cruelty free?</strong>: From what I read online, Yes. Her products are not tested on animals.
- <strong>Recommend/repurchase</strong>: Yes
- <strong> Long lasting?</strong>: Yes. I had it on for 11-12 hours with out having to re-apply or noticing any fading.
- <strong>Transfer resistance?</strong>: It claims that it is, however if I rub my hand or a tissue on my face, product will come off.
- <strong>Ingredients:</strong> Listed on http://www.sephora.com/lock-it-tattoo-foundation-P311138
<strong>Best way to remove</strong>
For this foundation, because of its thickness and full coverage, you will need a really good makeup remover. I find that the more oil based ones work best. I use <strong> MACs Cleanse Off Oil</strong> with a makeup wipe, then use my toner.
Over all, I rate this foundation an <strong> A-</strong>! I hope this helps some of you!