Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hi everyone! Here is a review on a foundation that I bought several months ago, and have pretty much been loving ever since. This is a relatively new foundation for the PF line, and is part of their Youthful Wear collection.
Price & Availability:
- $13 to $15 depending on where you purchase
- Generally available wherever Physicians Formula products are sold
Claims (from the PF website):
- Look up to 10 years younger instantly
- Reduce the appearance of spots by 67%
Shade & Finish:
- Available in three shades: light, light-medium and medium
- Finish is dewy
- Light to medium coverage
- Separate concealer is available for purchase
- This may or may not be the deal breaker for some people: as opposed to having no scent, or the typical makeup-y scent of other foundations, this particular foundation smells like pepperoni. Initially I was put off by it, but I can`t really smell it once it`s been applied.
- Glass bottle with dropper applicator
- Comes with its own brush (picture #6)
How to apply:
- This particular foundation is packaged with its own special brush, and the directions say to apply the foundation from the dropper directly onto the brush. I did that the first time applying this foundation and the liquid sank immediately into the brush. The bristles are synthetic, but that foundation was gone into lands unknown.
- I then applied the foundation to a makeup mixing palette and then dabbed the brush into the foundation to stipple it onto my face. The application was better, but the brush head is so small and dense that it makes application a hassle. In short, I would not recommend using this brush for this foundation.
- I apply this foundation to a palette, and then dab a different brush (a Real Techniques buffing brush) into the foundation and then stipple and buff that onto my face.
- Packaging recommends this to be set with a powder
- Makes my skin look smooth (and youthful!)
- Covers uneven skintone
- Lightweight feel
- SPF 15
- The smell: you can either tolerate it or not
- The brush: I`d rather it not be included and have the price knocked down a couple dollars
- Doesn`t really cover very dark acne scars/problems
- No oil control
- Packaging: it is a glass bottle with an eye dropper applicator. Very fancy, but very messy also
- Price: It is pretty expensive for a drugstore foundation, but PF is frequently on sale at the drugstores so you can usually get this for much cheaper.
- Very limited shade range - I`m probably on the darker end of the light spectrum, and this is a little dark and orange for me
I really like this foundation because it makes my skin look really smooth. Do I look 10 years younger? That`s debatable, but I think it makes my skin look really good. It doesn`t cover all of my imperfections, but it does even out my skin tone. The shade range is very limited, which is a shame. This foundation is supposedly a good dupe for the Giorgio Armani foundation which has a similar applicator, so if you fall in this shade range, the PF foundation may be a great, cheaper alternative. I can`t say anything about the reduction in dark spots because that takes time and there are always other factors that also help heal dark spots: time, exfoliation, etc. Even though it doesn`t control oil, I can always wear a primer underneath to extend the longevity and wear. I have already purchased backups of this foundation, so it`s definitely one I`ve been enjoying.
Thanks for reading! Have you tried this foundation before? What did you think of it?
All images and content are my own. Please do not use or take without permission.