Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hello my lovely readers!
Sorry that I`ve been M.I.A on my blog a lot. I seriously need to sprout out two more hands to be able to do more things at once! Anyways, I`ve been wanting to review Butter London polishes for a long time but I couldn`t find a color that I would like to try. I was given the opportunity to review one of their polishes for you all (especially fellow glitter freaks like myself!)
Tarte with a Heart Nail lacquer ($15, http://www.butterlondon.com) : The website describes this polish as being a `pale pink parade of glitter carries a dash of grey to tone down the sugar and ramp up the spice`. All Butter London polishes are 3 free (Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, phthalates or parabens) which makes it safe for mothers, children and cancer patients to wear.
- Usually when it comes to glitter polishes, you have to put on 3-4 coats of polish to get the color payoff you want. However, this polish delivers a great deal of glitter in one stroke. One coat is more than enough but if you`re like me, two coats is a must to get really sparkly nails!
- The design of the bottle makes it something you`d want to put on display for everyone to see.
- While the bottle looks pale pink on the website, my bottle is actually more gold than anything else BUT the polish still looks nice by itself and layered on top of another color (I layered it on top of a lavender and it definitely added a nice sparkle to it).
- The polish lasts a little longer on the nail with little chipping if you lightly buff the surface of your nail.
- You may look at the price and think `Yikes!` but when you think about it, MAC nail polishes are $16 ($17.50 for limited edition collections) and most of them are streaky. However, Butter London delivers great color payoff which in my eyes, makes it totally worth the $15.
- If you don`t lightly buff the surface of your nail beforehand, the polish starts peeling as soon as you put your hands in water. I took a shower with the polish on and it immediately started peeling. I was able to peel the whole thing off without needing acetone. But as I mentioned before, the easy fix to this would be to lightly buff your nails so that the polish has a better surface to adhere to.
- While I listed this one as a PRO above, I was kind of hoping to get the pale pink polish that I saw on the website. I`m not sure if this is what you get when you buy it in stores. Maybe it was an old batch?
All in all, I rate this polish a 9 out of 10. I love the glitter payoff and how it adds a pop to any other color you layer it on top of. I just hope that the rest of the bottles that are put in stores are true to color as it is on the website. It doesn`t make a difference if you put it on top of another color, but I`m sure the pale pink would show up on a white nail polish and even on a bare nail.
Butter London polishes can be found at Ulta stores and online at http://www.butterlondon.com
Thank you all for reading and if you have any questions, please post them below!
**Polish was sent by PR for consideration. I am not being paid for this review nor am I affiliated with the brand. All reviews are honest as always!**