Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
As many of you know, I had my second child 2 months ago. During that time, I rarely used nail polish because of the chemicals that are in some polishes (which can cause birth defects and other complications.) And even now that I`m breastfeeding, I find myself not using polish as much either. While I was surfing the net, I came across this polish brand that markets itself as being 5 free. I figured it would be a great thing to review for you all!
Knocked up Nails maternity polish ($10, knockedupnails nails polish review): As I mentioned above, this brand markets itself as being 5 free (toluene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, dibutyl phthalate and camphor). In addition to being 5 free, it is also cruelty free, vegan, gluten free and made in the USA. Just because it`s vegan, it doesn`t make this polish organic or odor free. In addition to being pregnancy friendly, it is also safe for allergy sufferers, cancer patients & children
The two polishes I got were:
Mum in Plum : Dark purple with silver glitter
Tickled Pink : Light pink with bluish duo chrome opalescence
- As you can see in the picture where I first applied the polishes on Monday, the polish has pretty good shine on its own.
- The color payoff for Mum in Plum is great with the first coat, but even more opaque with the second. Tickled Pink still looks nice with one coat but it looks better with a second coat.
- I washed dishes, did laundry, showered several times, changed many diapers, gave my daughters baths and the polish did not peel like others would. I didn`t buff the shine off my nails that I normally would with other polishes to make them adhere better. These did great on their own without having to do that or wearing a base coat.
- Even though you can see some chipping with Mum in Plum, Tickled Pink held up very good! I`m not particularly disappointed with the wear of Mum in Plum either because as I mentioned before, other polishes tend to peel on me when I was dishes on the same day that I painted my nails where as these polishes didn`t so much as chip at all.
- There`s a great range of colors for you to choose from.
- They`re not in stores! I would love to see this in a store so I can physically go and swatch all the colors and see which ones I love most.
All in all, I rate these polishes a perfect 10! Even though there are obvious signs of chipping after wearing these polishes for 5 days, I`m sure they`ll hold up better when a top coat is applied. In addition to being able to use these while you`re pregnant (I wish I had known about this brand while I was still pregnant!), I`m glad that I can use this on my 2 year old who loves having her toe nails painted just like her mama!
Knocked up Nails polishes can be purchased online at http://www.knockedupnails.com/
Thank you all for reading and if you have any questions, please post them below!
**Products were sent by the company for consideration. I am not affiliated with the company nor am I being paid for the review. As always, all opinions are honest!**
Source link: http://www.knockedupnails.com/