Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
I`ve always been into nail art since I was about 8 or 9 years old and I also love anything sparkly (typical, I know..) I love using glitter polishes but sometimes I find it hard to use them as most of the time, they`re not as opaque as I`d like them to be so a lot of times, I end up using 3 to 4 coats to get the desired look only to have it peel off either the same day or the day after. So when I came across these glitters on Instagram, I knew I had to try them out for myself to review for you all.
Just to give you a little back story of the brand:
Artiglio means "tiger claw" in Italian (it also happens to be a very hot nail trend these days.) The owner, Sarah Bland, has been into anything nails since the age of 9 so it`s no surprise that she pursued that passion to go on to become a manicurist in Hollywood, CA. She was in beauty school all the while being a junior in highschool. By the time she went onto her senior year, she had successfully completed the beauty school requirements to get both her manicurist and esthetician licenses (talk about commitment!). She worked her whole senior year and has now been in the industry for 5 years.
What sets this brand apart from others is that the glitter is micro-fine cosmetic grade which makes it perfect for using in nail art. You can`t pick up any glitter from your craft store and expect the same results as it is made of metal and wouldn`t have the same effect. This glitter can also be used in lotion since it`s so small. Currently the brand is very small with only 12 colors available. The prices are affordable which is great for both professionals and DIY`ers alike.
- The full size jars are only $7.00 and the sample baggies are $3.00 for a set of 4.
- The jars themselves are made of glass so the solvents used when doing manicures won`t melt the container and ruin the quality of the glitter.
- The sample bags are small, however I feel like there`s enough glitter in there for doing small nail art and covering at least 2 nails entirely and still have enough left over.
- If you`re a professional manicurist, you can use gel over the top of the glitter to give it that high patent shine that`ll last until your client comes in to get them re-done.
- If you`re not a manicurist and don`t have the gel to cure the glitter, it can feel gritty on the nail no matter how many coats of clear top coat you put on. However, if you dip a small amount of the glitter into any polish it`ll give you a really nice effect without the grittiness.
- As you can see from the above pictures, glitter was all over the place as soon as I opened the envelope. I contacted the brand and I was notified that the bag manufacturer has issues with the baggies but they are switching them to thicker bags so they`re a little bigger and easier to handle. Currently the bags hold about 1/4 teaspoon of glitter.
All in all, I rate these glitters a perfect 10! While I didn`t use gel over top to seal in the glitter, I`ve seen pictures on Instagram and these glitters look gorgeous when used in a gel manicure. I would recommend putting a small amount of the glitter in clear polish to make an awesome glitter polish that can be used for everyday.
Artiglio glitters can be purchased online or at the salon itself. If you are interested in purchasing some glitters, please visit the website at http://www.artiglio.net
Thank you all for reading and if you have any questions, please post them below!
**Products were sent by PR for consideration and review. I`m not affiliated with the brand nor was I compensated for the review. As always, all opinions are honest!**
Source link: http://www.artiglio.net