Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Happy Friday! Recently I`ve been doing A LOT of hauling, and now, it`s time review some of those products! The reason why I don`t like to review right away is because I want to give my honest opinion, and in order to do that, I need a few weeks to really test out a product. This review is going to feature the NYX HD Studio Photogenic Foundation. My shade is HDF 01: Nude. I bought mine at ULTA when NYX products were 40% off, I think I paid around $8. It normally retails for about $12-15. I`ve heard that is a "dupe" for the MUFE HD Foundation, which it has some great features, they aren`t dupes in my opinion. I will include pictures of the product, swatches, and my thoughts. Enjoy!
- The packaging is simple and sleek, it`s plastic so it`s travel friendly
- It has a pump! Yay! I think every foundation should include a pump, it makes life so much easier. It also does a great job at dispensing the right amount of coverage
- Most foundations include 1.0 fl oz of product, this actually contains 1.26 oz of product. It`s nice to get a little more for your money
-The consistency is thin and light, but not runny or watery in any way
-It wears really nicely! It last about 6 hours on me before it starts to wear off in certain areas
- It has a velvet matte finish - not matte, not dewy...perfect!
- It applies very smoothly and easily spreads out
- It does photography nicely
- This did not cause any irritation on my skin and did not cause me to break out
- This foundation is cruelty free!
- It claims it suitable for ALL skin types
- Talc & Paraben free
- This does have a slight chemical like smell to it, so if your sensitive to smell, this may not be the product for you
- The shade selection is horrible, they only have (8) shades to choose from and they all seem to have a very strong yellow/golden base
- The coverage is less than MUFE, this foundation provides a light to medium coverage, it`s a little on the sheer side. It is easily buildable though.
*all images are mine, do not steal*
So the verdict? I actually love this foundation. While it is different than the MUFE HD Foundation, it definitely holds it`s own. It provides a light to medium coverage with a beautiful matte/satin like finish. It wears for a really nice amount of time, especially if powdered. I think it`s reasonably priced for the quality, and ULTA always has coupons. Most importantly, it photographs beautifully! I don`t have a white cast in any of my photos while wearing this! If you can`t afford the MUFE foundation, then this is definitely a great alternative!