Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hello Lovely Luuuxers!
Today I thought I`d give a review on one of the makeup world`s most popular eye primers, the MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. MAC Paint Pots are cream eyeshadows that can be worn alone or underneath other eye shadows. They are long-wearing, prevent your shadows from creasing, and make your eyeshadows much more vibrant!
Soft Ochre is a light yellowish beige shade, and has a matte finish. I like to apply this to my clean eyelids with my fingers and blend out, but if you want a lighter application, you can use a fluffy blending brush (like a MAC 217 or a Sigma E40) to lightly buff it onto the eyelids.
What I Love:
1. The matte finish is perfect for amplifying my matte eye looks, which is what I tend to wear for work or other everyday occasions
2. A little bit goes a long way, so the price ($20 USD) is justified
3. It cancels out the veins in my eyelids, so it sort of doubles as a concealer
4. It makes any eyeshadow I wear look more vibrant and makes it last much longer
What I Don`t Love
1. The shade `soft ochre` leans quite yellow, and if it doesn`t match your natural skintone, it can make your eyes look a bit jaundiced. (I find that I need to be really careful to not get the sickly yellow look)
Tip: if Soft Ochre doesn`t work perfectly for your tone, try `Painterly`. If you`re looking for a more shimmery base, try `Bare Study.`
So, to sum it up, the formula and performance of this product is amazing, but you want to make sure that it matches your skin tone so that your eyes don`t look tired and sick! I find that my Milani Shadow Eyez in Almond Cream matches my skin much more nicely and does about an equal job as my Paint Pot. It is a little more drying and a little less blendable, but the color tone is much better for me, as I have very neutral skin that doesn`t go too warm or cool. I recommend that product as well if you`re looking for a good, cheap matte eyeshadow primer!
Hope this review was helpful for you guys! Have you tried a MAC Paint Pot?
(image is mine!)
mac primer eyeshadow review LuuuxWeeklyBeautyComp