Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hey everyone! This blog is on one of the most famous eyeshadows that many beauty gurus such as AllThatGlitters21 and MissGlamorazzi seem to think that all beauty lovers should have in their makeup collections. I, however, have had this trio for quite a while and have some strong opinions on it. I waited until I had used this for months to come on with a good review for you guys. Here it goes:
1) To start off, the lightest, pink shade in the trio, is a tad bit too shimmery to highlight. I think that it was obviously put there as an inner corner/upper brow bone highlight. It works for the inner corner, but it is an absolutely horrible upper browbone high light shade. It also has alot of fall out, and is so sheer that all that can be seen on skin is a whitish shimmer.
2) The middle, taupe shade in the trio is way too sheer. I have a darker skintone and it doesnt show up as anything spectacular until you apply a heavy amount of it on your lids.
3) The brown is probably the most pigmented of the three. Although, I feel the shimmery sheen it has does not make it a good crease color. It looks muddy on the eyes.
4) Since these colors are so sheer, they definitely need to be applied with your fingers if you want the best payoff. A brush will just waste a lot of product and not apply any onto your actual lid.
1) The colors do work good together. I wouldn`t suggest this for darker skin tones at all, but lighter skin tones should definitely give it a shot.
2) This trio is great for the summer; the shades are light and shimmery, which makes your skin look glowy and fresh.
3) I would use this for traveling, mostly for the beach or on the go. It comes with a highlight, a lid, and a crease color. It is also small, compact, and very affordable and easy to get your hands on since its a drugstore product.
Overall, I have to say i was extremely dissapointed with this product. I have only tried one other covergirl shadow palette before this, the Country Woods neutral quad, and it was my absolute favorite group of eyeshadows for summer and on the go. If you are looking for drugstore eyeshadows, definitely give this quad a look, but I personally dont recommend the Shimmering Sands Trio AT ALL.
Thank you guys for reading and please leave feedback and requests in the comments :)
disclaimer: photo from http://luuux.com