Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
2 sticks (1 cup) butter (see directions below for softening)
red food coloring gel
1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. UPDATE! Lots of folks have reported problems making these cookies. Please use the awesome NEW VERSION instead: http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/pink-chocolate-chip-cookies-recipe/1/ !
2. Soften hard butter in microwave at HALF power for 30 seconds just until slightly soft, not at all melted. With a hand mixer, beat the butter just until smooth, being careful not to over-soften it. Using a toothpick, add the food color gel one dab at a time, mixing after each, until the desired pink color is achieved.
3. Add the dry cookie mix (do NOT add the other ingredients called for on the cookie mix package). Add the powdered sugar. Beat only until the ingredients are fully incorporated. Dough will be crumbly, not smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
4. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. (1-1/4" cookie scoop works well too.)
5. Bake in a preheated 325° F oven for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven when cookies are slightly brown around the edges and soft but not squishy in the center.
6. Cool cookies 1 - 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely before serving. These aren`t typical chocolate chip cookies. They aren`t cakey -- instead, they are super sweet, slightly crunchy and a bit chewy. A sweet treat with coffee or milk!