Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
I never thought that cinnamon rolls could get any better. When I made these.... I died and came back. My girls and I woke up with a hangover and we decided to make these.... yes with a hangover.
Ingredients for Cinnamon Rolls:
2 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
2 tablespoons sugar
2 packages active dry yeast
2 teaspoons salt
2 1/4 cups hot water (120 degrees to 130 degrees F)
1 cup peanut butter
3 1/2 - 4 cups bread flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Peanut Butter Frosting (see recipe below)
1. In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, dry milk powder, 2 tablespoons sugar, yeast, and salt. Add hot water and 1/2 cup of the peanut butter. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Add 1 cup of the bread flour. Beat on low to medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining bread flour as you can.
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining bread flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface of the dough. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 30 minutes).
3. Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grease two 9x9x2-inch square baking pans; set aside.
4. For filling, in a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.
5. Roll each dough half into a 14x6-inch rectangle. Spread each rectangle with 1/4 cup of the remaining peanut butter to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Sprinkle each with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Roll up each rectangle starting from a long side. Seal seams. Slice each roll into 9 pieces. Arrange, cut sides down, in prepared pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven. Cool for 1 minute. Carefully invert rolls onto a wire rack. Cool slightly. Invert again onto a serving platter. Spread with Peanut Butter Frosting. Makes 18 rolls.
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
6 - 7 tablespoons milk
In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar and peanut butter. Stir in enough milk to reach spreading consistency.
**picture not mine (link in source box)**