Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
I cooked this pea and shrimp veloute last Saturday for my boyfriend`s dinner. I loved it and it tasted really good.
It takes around 30 minutes to cook it and it makes a good meal. This is what I used and did:
- 1kg of peas;
- 2 small onions;
- 150g of potatoes;
- 1/2 leek;
- 8 medium sized shrimps;
- 1 chive;
- 25g of butter;
- 0,5dl of fresh cream;
- Salt and pepper;
1. Heat a pan with olive oil;
2. Add the onion, leek and the diced potatoes and let it brown;
3. Add the peas and let it cook for 4 minutes over medium heat;
4. Cover with water and let it cook for 20 minutes on low heat;
5. Grind until it becomes a thin and bright cream;
6. Rectifiy the seasoning and bring to medium heat again until it boils;
7. Remove from heat, add the butter and the fresh cream and re-emulsify;
8. Season the shrimps with salt and pepper;
9. In a frying pan with olive oil fry the shrimps;
10. Serve the shrimps on top of the veloute and sprinkle it with the chopped chive.
Pictures are mine.