Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
every time i pack, i try to find more and more ways to limit the amount of things i bring. my philosophy is the lighter, the better. id rather invest in a few great products and outfits than have a million options and bottles floating around. while i tend to use more products on a daily basis, ive learned to figure out which ones are really essential and those that can be left at home for a few days. some general things ive learned along the way:
01. multitasking products are the way to go: ive found ways to reduce the amount of products i need/carry by using products that do more than one thing. for instance, i recently switched over to this josie maran argan oil with spf in it. i hated having to apply moisturizer and then spf; id rather eliminate the step and cut down on the number of products i apply.
02. if you can live without it, dont pack it: on a daily basis, i usually apply eye cream or use my clarisonic. but if im going to be gone for just a few days, ill prioritize. its more important that i bring my foundation than pack my clarisonic because i can get away with manually using my exfoliator. why bring a day cream/night cream if its not necessary for a few days? do you really need that extra eyeshadow? it cuts down on bulk and excess.
03. pack what you can in travel bottles: this is important for products that come in big bottles. i have a huge bottle of benzoyl peroxide at home that is convenient, but for travel it makes no sense to lug it around. i just pump some into a small plastic container and replace them every so often once they start to get gross. i love atomizers for traveling with perfume.
04. stay organized and leave room: if you travel frequently, youll notice that packing turns into a routine that doesnt take long. just because your bag has the extra space doesnt mean you need to fill it. force yourself to carry smaller luggage or cosmetic cases so you can learn to pack less. my favorite tip? leave room in your suitcase if youre going on vacation so that you can go shopping and fill your suitcase on the way back ;)
05. shop the travel section: stocking up on mini-sized products is a great way to reduce bulk. sephora has a mini section in store and online, and i also love 3floz for travel-friendly sizes. the josie maran moisturizer comes in a smaller size as does the purity cleanser, so i save those specifically for when i travel. i also love grabbing sample-sized products when i shop and packing them (shampoo, fragrance, etc) when i travel.
for tomorrows trip, ive decided to keep my skincare routine simple. i like wearing neutral shadow so i dont see the point of packing a huge palette filled with colors i wont use. i also skimped on fancy lip colors and glosses; i tend to prefer lip balm. a mini mascara and black liner will allow me to go for a dramatic neutral eye and pale lip with blush and bronzer. since its hot and humid, i might also pack some translucent powder to keep me matte during the trip. thats about it!
josie maran argan sun protection body 30+ $24 / josie maran argan moisturizer spf 40+ $14 / philosophy purity cleanser $10 / korres pomegranate scrub $21 / nars sheer glow foundation $42 / benefit bad gal lash mini $10 / nars blush (dolce vita) $28 / guerlain bronzer $50 / fresh sugar lip treatment $22 / stila eyeshadow (kitten) $18 / nars eyeliner $22
set designed by me.