Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
My sister recently tagged me on facebook of this really cute panda bread and she has been asking me to bake it for her. I think she overestimated my baking ability!:) I would love to give it a try as soon as I buy some good quality green tea powder although I doubt mine would look as cute as this version :D Here`s a recipe and link to the original blog if any of you would love to give this a try :)
Ingredients: 600g loaf (206 x 108 x100h)
230g bread flour
70g cake flour
milk + 1 yolk = 210g (I used skim milk)
18g unsalted butter (I used 20g)
8g green tea powder dissolved in 10g boiling hot water
8g cocoa powder dissolved in 8g boiling water
1. Heat up milk and yolk to temperature of 38C. (I beat the yolk lightly with milk and send it to the microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds).
2. Put everything in bread machine and set to dough cycle. Let it knead for 20 minutes. Stop the cycle and restart the dough cycle and let it knead for another 15 minutes.
3. Divide dough (about 560g) into 3 parts: 75g for the chocolate, 210g plain and the rest of the dough which is less than 280g for the green tea.
4. Add chocolate to the 75g dough and knead till the colour is even. Add green tea mixture to the 280g dough and knead till colour is even. (I did this step manually).
5. Prove all 3 pieces of doughs on separate greased plates covered loosely with oiled cling wrap for 30 40 minutes.
6. Punch air out of dough and prove for another 20 30 minutes.
7. Use 90g plain dough for the face and 2 pieces of 27g chocolate dough for the eyes. (Refer to photo guide in Step (7) in TAROs site).
8. Fill the hollow of the eyes with 30g plain dough. (Refer to photo guide in Step (8) in TAROs site).
9. Roll remaining plain dough over the patterned dough. (Refer to photo guide in Step (9) in TAROs site).
10. Divide the remaining chocolate dough into 2 pieces (17.5g each) for the ears. (Refer to photo guide in Step (10) in TAROs site).
11. Use 70g of the green tea dough to fill up the hollow between the ears. (Refer to photo guide in Step (11) in TAROs site).
12. Wrap the rest of the green tea dough all around the patterned dough. (Refer to photo guide in Step (12) in TAROs site)
13. Place dough into a well-greased loaf pan and cover it with a lid and prove for 50 60 minutes in an enclosed area eg. microwave oven.
14. Bake at 200? for 25 30 minutes.
1. This is not an exact translation of TAROs recipe because I used the bread machine to help me so the first few steps might be different from TAROs.
2. For Step (12), I did not wrap the green tea dough all around the patterned dough. Compare my finished product to that of TAROs, you can see the difference.
3. My first prove is 60 minutes, 2nd prove is 30 minutes and final prove is 60 minutes.
4. I bake at 185C for 25 30 minutes.
Note: This recipe is taken directly from Perfect Panda`s website. You can follow Taro`s website through this link: http://cookpad.com/recipe/349795
Source link: http://perfectpandas.com/2008/01/08/panda-bread/