Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Back once again with another no bake recipe, this time from The Hopeless Housewife (not so hopeless though since her recipes are amazing!!). It`s perfect for Christmas and perfect for me since I love the taste of peppermint in the morning. Check out the recipe below!
For the Crust:
20 Oreos, with insides scraped out
4 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Peppermint Bark:
1 pound white chocolate
1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
For the cheesecake:
¾ tbsp gelatin (almost one envelope)
¼ cup water
10 ounce bag marshmallows, melted in a greased double boiler or microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring reach interval until melted)
2 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
½ tsp vanilla
¾ cup heavy whipping cream
5 candy canes, crushed
1. Pulse the Oreos and melted butter in a food processor until Oreos are completely crushed. Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper and pour Oreo mixture over the parchment and press down with the back of a cup or flat bowl, covering the entire bottom of the dish. Chill while you make the peppermint bark.
2. Make the peppermint bark. In a double boiler over simmering water, melt the white chocolate. Add the peppermint extract. Remove from heat and pour over the Oreo crust. Place in refrigerator to harden.
3. Make the marshmallow cheesecake. Add gelatin to the water and let sit until the gelatin starts to swell, about 5 minutes. Do not it let sit too long, it will become lumpy.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine the cream cheese and melted marshmallows. Beat until combined. In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold gelatin and marshmallow mixture into the whipped cream and stir well to combine.
5. Pour cheesecake mixture over cooled peppermint bark and spread evenly. Sprinkle crushed candy canes over the top of the cheesecake mixture and press down a little into the mixture. Place in refrigerator and chill until cheesecake has stiffened, at least 2-3 hours. Cut into squares and serve.
Enjoy this peppermint-y fresh cheesecake and happy (no) baking! :)