Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
2 years ago
In this post Ill be comparing two foundations that have been considered dupes for one another. One is the NARS Sheer Glow foundation and the possible dupe is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup. Ill just be quickly going over any differences/similarities and my final thoughts. I purchased the drugstore version a couple of weeks ago and have been using it everyday since I got it. Note that these are my own personal opinions due to my experiences with these products.
For reference :
- Combo/dry skin
- MAC NC25 (winter) or NC30 (summer)
- Revlon Colorstay Fresh Beige
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Santa Fe
From the website:
For normal, normal-to-dry and dry skin types
Hydrates for softer and smoother skin
Contains powerful anti-oxidants to protect against damaging free radicals and turmeric extract to improve skin`s radiance and tone
Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic. Fragrance free.
- Gives 1 fluid ounce, packaging is glass. Pump is available for purchase separately.
- $42, available online, at Sephora, or department stores that carry NARS products.
- Formula is a little thick, providing medium coverage.
- No SPF, photographs well.
- Provides dewy, satin finish.
- Lasts 6-8 hours on me.
- Available in 20 shades.
Neutrogena Healthy Skin in #40 Nude
From the website:
Flawless coverage, lightweight, silky formula
Exclusive blend of antioxidants and SPF 20
Maintains skin`s young and healthy look
Available in 12 new shades
- Gives 1 fluid ounce, packaging is glass. Pump is not available.
- $12-14, available at drugstores/mass merchandise stores wherever Neutrogena products are sold.
- Formula is thin, has a more watery consistency. Provides light coverage that is buildable with multiple layers.
- Has SPF 20 and also has a slight fragrance to it.
- Provides a dewy finish with a bit more sheen.
- Lasts about 6 hours on me.
Overall, I really love both foundations but for different reasons! I feel like the Neutrogena is great for everyday use when I want a light coverage foundation. The NARS foundation photographs really well (I took my engagement pictures wearing this )and provides more coverage on my skin. Neutrogena Healthy Skin has a watery consistency to it, so I noticed that I have to be really careful because a ton can come out of the bottle. Healthy Skin does have a slight fragrance while Sheer Glow doesnt and this may be important to those who are sensitive to fragrances. Another major difference is the shade range, Neutrogena has 12 while NARS has 20. If you have trouble finding a matching shade, this may be an issue for you. NARS Sheer Glow is pretty expensive and limited availability in terms of locations sold, so that alone may be a good reason to check out Healthy Skin. I would recommend Neutrogena Healthy Skin as an everyday foundation and will probably repurchase it once I run out. The NARS Sheer Glow foundation is awesome for special events that use professional photography or if you just want more coverage without multiple layers. This is definitely a situation where I cant choose one over the other, just because I like them for different uses. Its probably an excuse to continue using both foundations lol.
**Pictures are my own. Do not take.