Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Being obsessed with nail polishes, Im always painting my nails and removing polish with acetone and stuff. Im really well aware that its not healthy for your nails, so I always try to take good care of them, following some basic tips and tricks to make them stronger and healthier. I find this http://www.rd.com/health/14-tips-for-strong-and-healthy-nails/ really helpful.
1. To keep your nails hydrated, rub a small amount of petroleum jelly into your cuticle and the skin surrounding your nails every evening before you go to bed or whenever your nails feel dry. If you prefer, you can also use oils, theyre thick and contain vitamins.
2. Wear rubber gloves whenever you do housework or wash dishes. Most household chores, from gardening to scrubbing the bathroom to washing dishes, are murderous on your nails. For extra hand softness, apply hand cream before you put on the rubber gloves.
3. When pushing back your cuticles (it is not necessary to cut them) come in at a 45-degree angle and be very gentle. Otherwise the cuticle will become damaged, weakening the entire nail, as Mariana Diaconescu, manicurist at the Pierre Michel Salon in New York City, says.
4. Trim your toenails straight across to avoid ingrown toenails.
5. Dry your hands for at least two minutes after doing the dishes, taking a bath/shower, etc. Also dry your toes thoroughly after swimming or showering. Leaving them damp increases your risk of fungal infection.
6. Air out your work boots and athletic shoes. So youre never putting your feet into damp, sweaty shoes, which could lead to fungal infections.
7. Wear 100 percent cotton socks. Theyre best for absorbing dampness, thus preventing fungal infections.
8. Stretch out the beauty of a manicure by applying a fresh top coat every day (says Susie Galvez, owner of Face Works Day Spa in Richmond, Virginia, and author of Hello Beautiful: 365 Ways to Be Even More Beautiful).
9. File your nails correctly. To keep your nails at their strongest, avoid filing in a back-and-forth motion only go in one direction. And never file just after youve gotten out of a shower or bath wet nails break more easily.
10. Massage your nails to keep them extra strong and shiny. Nails buffing increases blood supply to the nail, which stimulates the matrix of the nail to grow, says Galvez.
11. Avoid polish removers with acetone (thats the most difficult part for me, as I find aceton-free polish removers not strong enough0) or formaldehyde. Go to their http://www.rd.com/health/14-tips-for-strong-and-healthy-nails/ to read more!
You can find me here: http://www.emsheis.com --- pic: mine.