Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
The January 2012 bag has finally arrived! And I got TWO of them! It seems that I was among some of the last people to receive the bag, but the slight mix-up more than made up for it. I`ve already gifted my concealer and conditioner duplicates to my mom (hence the missing items in the picture), and I`m waiting to see what she thinks of them. In the meantime I am still testing out the products, but I figured I may as well post my first impressions.
(I just recently ended my subscription to Birchbox after three months, specifically, after the disappointment of the December `11 bag. Anyone else here a Birchbox subscriber? What have you thought of your boxes so far?)
1. Freeman - Cucumber Peel-Off Mask: This first item was left out of the little make-up bag that held the other products, and for good reason. This is a full-size product! I am very familiar with this product as I used it at least once a week in my early teen years when my face was completely broken out with acne. I was a little surprised that they sent out a drug store product, but the fact that they didn`t skimp on an already affordable item made up for the lack of glamour.
2. Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner: I have yet to try this product on my hair, but the reviews online seem to be mixed. Some say that it works best on people with frizzy, curly hair with dry tendencies, which makes me hope it will work!
3. Hot Ticket Nail Polish by The Balm - I`ll Pink to That: I have not used this polish yet in a manicure, but I`ve tested it on my thumb nail and the color is right up my alley. It`s a bubble gum pink color with nice pigmentation, and I`ll definitely be using this sooner rather than later.
4. Sheer Cover - Duo Concealer in Light/Medium: This is yet another product I have yet to try, but am excited about. I`ve been in serious need of a concealer to cover my acne blemishes for YEARS (we`re talking almost ten years here, people). I am, however, waiting to acquire a concealer brush before I go to town on this product so I don`t have to worry about too much bacteria growth.
5. Shady Lady by The Balm - Lucsious Lani: I am recently getting into buying quality eyeshadows and other makeup products for the first time, so I was nervous to get my hopes up on this product. I even googled the name before testing it out on my skin and was seriously relieved by the reviews I was reading! When I tested the color out on my hand I was more than happy. Many people describe it as a "shimmery champagne pink color, on ice", and I`m excited to incorporate it into my slowly growing collection of eye colors.
Those are the products I received this month, and I`m keeping my subscription to see what they roll out with in February! The main reason I switched to MyGlam was because I was looking for a service that focused more on high-end makeup products, and Birchbox just wasn`t what I was hoping for. However, I hope to see more bags like the intro bag in December, with all makeup and no skin/hair/nail products (as much as I love those too).
Anyone have thoughts on MyGlam vs. Birchbox?