Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
I am not the biggest fan of Valentine`s day. I think it`s just a day to make people feel obligated to do something special for their special someone...I mean why can`t you just do that any day and not on one specific day right? I don`t know maybe I just feel this way about it. My boyfriend has always known this about me, but this year I decided to make something cute for him. I decided I was going to make him a homemade gift. I was at Micheal`s sometime in late January and I saw they already had there Valentine`s day decor and gifting stuff out. They had really cute Valentine`s day themed take-out boxes and I thought I should get him one and fill it up with a bunch of baked goodies, since he loves when I bake for him.
I went back the week before V-Day and most of the stuff was gone. I decided to just get a plain white box and decorate it really cheesy (so unlike me) with markers lol I also bought some foam glitter heart stickers. They had Candy Melts on sale so I picked up a couple of bags to make Cake truffles with.
I bough chocolate cake mix, chocolate frosting, and toothpicks to make it easier to coat the truffles in chocolate. All I did was...
- bake a regular cake and let it cool off
- once its cool, take the cake apart and crumble the whole cake
- mix in 2/3 of the frosting
- roll the mix into small balls about 1 inch
- put them in a container to freeze them for at least 1 hour
- melt candy melts as instructed on the package
- bring out cake balls and put a tooth pick in them to dip into melted chocolate
- after dipping each one, place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- take out the toothpicks and drizzle the left over chocolate on top
I stored them in sealed container in the refrigerator over night. I put them in the box and gave them to him. He was so surprised and loved the gift lol When I told him I took the left over cake truffles to my work, he got upset lol.
*Images are my own.