Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
I received an email from Glossybox notifying me that they had a special promotion price for Glossybox for the month of December for new members. I think the promotion price was $12 for the box. With tax, it came out to be around $13. I took this opportunity to subscribe to my first Glossybox since I have been wanting to try out a subscription service for a while now. Regularly, Glossybox subscriptions are $21/month but they also have discounted prices if you choose to subscribe for a few months at a time rather than subscribing monthly.
I received tracking data for my Glossybox and was very excited when it came! The packaging really cute and they also included a Glossybox magazine featuring a few of their products. The box that the products came in is actually really elegant and nice and I will definitely keep it to store a few of my things. Inside, there was also a little card that included all the items that were included in my Glossybox.
The card for the month of December was titled "Glamour, Glitzy & Gloss." It said: "Here at GLOSSYBOX, we take the holidays seriously... it`s the season of soirees filled with style and sparkle! Each of us here has our own way to get prepped for a night on the town, and this box has some of our December essentials. Wearing your hair up in an undone chignon, tousled and wavy or playfully braided? A protective spray will keep it looking glamorous and shiny, all night long. Open toe shows, come snow or sleet? Add a touch of sparkle with a glitzy polish. Showing some skin in a barely-there party dress? A nurturing bath oil with keep you glossy and glowing with a hint of a sensuous scent. For the finishing touch, you`ll find our holiday treat to you - a stylish gift from our friends at Jewel Mint. This luxurious varied collection of favorites is your secret arsenal to keeping it glamorous, glitzy and glossy this holiday party season."
I received the following items in my December 2012 U.S. Glossybox:
- <strong>Denise Richard Volume Extend by Cristophe Finishing Spray (1.5 oz):</strong> This is supposed to be a firm yet gentle finishing spray providing touchable hold without product build up. It contains ingredients that maximizes volume, thickness, and shine and is paraben and sulphate free. The full size of this product is $20 for 10 oz of product. I`m really low maintenance when it comes to my hair but this will come in handy to throw in my purse when I do have my hair styled.
- <strong>Heartland Fragrance Co. Bath Salts in "White Tea" (5.5 oz):</strong> This is epsom salts for your shower or bath in the scent "white tea", which I really like! I`ve seen other people getting some sort of bath oil though in their Glossybox, which I would have preferred to get! These bath salts can be used for aromatherapy to reduce tension, refresh your skin, as well as exfoliate them. The full size for this is $10 for 30 oz of product.
- <strong>mark. Lipclick Luxe Lipstick in "m.powerment petal" (0.106 oz):</strong> I absolutely looove the packaging of this lipstick, it`s this metallic pink tube with holographic "mark." logo printed all over it. The cap is magnetic so when you close it, it makes this "click" sound. This lipstick was developed to raise awareness for a powerful women`s cause and is limited edition! I actually love the color of this, it is this creamy rose shade that is hydrating on my lips. I have actually been wearing this lipstick everyday! I received a full size tube of this lipstick and it retails for $12 for 0.106 oz of product.
- <strong>PLEATSPLEASEBYISSEYMIYAKE Eau de Toilette (0.03 fl oz):</strong> This is a "fashion forward fragrance inspired by world renowned designer Issey Miyake`s iconic Pleats Please ready-to-wear line. Enjoy the effervescent, sensual, and addictive notes which embody the essence of joy, feminity, and elegance." The scent is nice, however, I feel like Glossybox could have included a better sample size. You can get these sample perfume fragrances for free! This retails for $92 for 3.4 oz of product.
- <strong>WELLA Velvet Amplifier (0.05 oz):</strong> I received a little sample packet of this. It`s supposed to be a concentrated serum that improves manageability and amplifies control for smooth, responsive styling. I don`t do much with my hair so I wasn`t that excited for this. This retails for $16 for 1.9 oz of product.
- <strong>ZOYA Nail Lacquer in "Electra" (0.5 fl oz):</strong> I received a full size bottle of this ZOYA nail polish. It`s long-wearing and toxin-free. I love how festive this polish looks! It`s a bunch of silver bar glitters mixed in with holographic bar glitters as well. This retails for $8 for 0.5 oz of product.
- <strong>Jewelmint Jewelry:</strong> It was nice of Glossybox to include a piece of Jewelmint jewelry in this month`s box. This is actually my first piece from them. The selection was randomized and recommended based on your personal style. The item I received came in a black velvet pouch bag and is this chunky square taupe rose shade with a yellow square in the middle and is inside a gold holding. The finish of the actual ring band is silver. This isn`t a piece that I would wear at all and it actually doesn`t fit on any of my fingers aside from my pointer finger. I`ll try to make this work but I wish we could have picked the item ourselves! This retails for $29.99
<strong>OVERALL,</STRONG> I wasn`t really impressed with my first December 2012 U.S. Glossybox. Two of the products were hair products, which I don`t care much for since I`m low maintenance with my hair. I usually just put a serum and that`s it! The bath salts smell nice but I`ve seen other people receive a bath oil and I wish that was what I had received :( The mark. lipstick is actually my favorite item that I received in this box! The packaging is adorable and the color is totally up my alley. I didn`t care much for the Issey Miyake perfume sample because honestly, those you can just receive for free from Sephora orders or just by asking a store rep. I can never complain about Zoya polishes because they`re great in quality. This one is really festive and fun! The Jewelmint I received I`m not a big fan of but I`ll try to incorporate it into my outfits somehow.
I canceled my subscription order for Glossybox for the month of January but just yesterday, I had a change of heart and decided to pay $21 for January`s box because it is being curated by Leandra Medine aka "The Man Repeller". January`s box will be called "The Man Repeller Box" so I`m curious to see what products will be included! It`s supposed to be in a collector`s edition silver box with Leandra`s secret essentials to low-maintenance, fashion forward beauty routine.