Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
In my September Glossybox I received a full size of the Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++. I was so excited to see this in the box! (1) BB creams are all the rage in 2012 and I have yet to try one myself (2) Missha is a high quality "true" BB Cream that is raved about all over blogs and YouTube. I received the shade 13 Milky Beige, which pretty much popped my excitement bubble - it`s more for a porcelain/pale skin tome. I decided to try out the BB Cream anyways, if it worked out well for me I would just order the correct shade online.
Well, it was far from how fabulous everyone made it out to be (and now I don`t feel as bad that the $30 BB Cream isn`t my shade). There`s nothing I like about it so I`ll just list all my gripes:
- the scent is super strong, omg, even the swatch on my hand the day it arrived gave me a migraine
- the consistency is somewhere between a tinted moisturizer and liquid foundation
- it applied heavier than I prefer my face makeups and it felt like a thin mask on my face - it never set in... all day!
- my skin has been very healthy lately, but this bb cream made my skin look horrible! It accentuated my pores, making them look almost bumpy - eww! It settled into any fine lines it could find. And it clung to any dryer areas making them look scaly and dehydrated - even though they weren`t! The visual results were such a turn off, I felt embarrassed to even wear it all day at home.
- I checked on my makeup every two hours and the bb cream never set in, it was always greasy and sitting on top of my skin. I tried many different methods of application; using my fingers, a beauty sponge, a face blending brush and a stippling brush - nothing worked as beautifully as it should have, but my fingers turned out to be the best tool.
- the finish was always streaky, I couldn`t get a well blended look
- I read that the lighter bb cream shades would warm up to your skin and darken a bit over time - that didn`t happen.
- Lastly, I tried to use it under my regular foundation and set with a powder - that was a bad combo and a bad idea.
First self-photos are after the bb cream was freshly applied
The last photo is after 4 hours
Overall, I`m very confused on what skin types this BB Cream would work on because I have normal/combination skin and my entire face didn`t like this makeup. If you think I am using this incorrectly, after reading my ranting list above, please do tell me how you use it and make it work for you.
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *
BEAUTY BLOG: http://www.beautybykrystal.com
LIFE BLOG: http://www.lifebykrystal-c.blogspot.com
BEAUTY CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/BeautyByKrystal
VLOG CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/LifeByKrystal