Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hello lovely Luuuxers!
I recently received the Urban Decay Vice 4 palette as a Christmas gift, and I was so excited! This is the first time I`ve ever had a high-end palette with such bright and fun colors, and I`ve been feeling so inspired to play around with color.
This is definitely not a look I would wear on a day-to-day basis, but for a fun night out (or even for a costume party), I would love to rock this fun, vivid eyeshadow look!
Most of the shadows are from the Vice 4 palette, but I threw in a few other shadows to create this whole look. Read on if you want to learn how I did it! :)
1. I primed my lids, first with the Urban Decay Primer Potion and then with the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. I wanted to make sure that I had a blank whitish canvas on my lids so that the colors would be really vibrant.
2. I topped Milk with my Maybelline Color Tattoo in Waves of White, which is a sheer iridescent white shade. This step was important so that I could maintain the dimensional quality of the shadows, since the Milk pencil is matte.
3. I started first with the crease shade, which I pulled from the Kat Von D Shade and Light eye palette. First, I swept the shade Ludwin into the crease with a fluffy brush, and then added the shade Succubus with a smaller detail brush more precisely into the crease to create a kind of cut-crease effect.
4. All over the lid, I used a flat shader brush to apply the shade Beat Down from Vice 4, a beautiful purple-blue. I really spent a lot of time carefully building up the color so that it was very opaque and intense.
5. In the outer corner, I blended the shade Bitter from Vice 4, a reddish brown, to deepen up that outer area and make it seamlessly blend. I also used this shade on my lower lash line with a pencil brush.
6. Using my finger, I swirled it into the shade Arctic from Vice 4 and patted it in the center of the lid. This shade is the most gorgeous shade of turquoise, I couldn`t resist incorporating it into this look!
7. Going into my Physician`s Formula Extreme Shimmer Strips Nude palette, and using my finger again, I tapped some of the gold shade right on top of Arctic, to give that area a beautiful pop of golden shimmer.
8. I lined my top lash line with my Marc Jacobs Highliner in Blacquer, and I lined my lower waterline with my Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in the shade Tornado, which is a blue-purple color that almost perfectly matches the Beat Down shade from the palette.
9. I finished off the look by highlighting the inner corner and underneath the brow using the shade Lucius from the KVD Shade and Light palette, and by applying a layer of mascara.
That`s it for this little tutorial! Hope you enjoyed, I know I definitely did. I must remember to venture out of my comfort zone more often! What kinds of colors do you all like to incorporate into your eyeshadow looks? Let me know in the comments! :)
(images are mine and exclusive to http://luuux.com)
LuuuxWeeklyBeautyComp urbandecay eyeshadow eotd katvond