Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
i went to a mardi gras party last night and decided to wear some crazy eye makeup... not something i would normally do because i`m a neutrals kind of gal for everyday, mainly because i think bright colors are kinda tricky to play around with. i`m really pleased with how the look came together! i used the three mardi gras colors: gold, green, and purple... though i used more of a teal than a green and a very dark purple. i used only my urban decay 15th anniversary palette, which i haven`t actually reached for very often since i got it :/ but i knew it`d be perfect for a colorful look like this! the colors in that palette are absolutely gorgeous!
how to get this look...
1. apply a white base all over the lid and up to the brow bone. i used NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk. blend with a clean finger.
2. apply chase all over the lid
3. blend deep end into the crease. this color is really pigmented and i was NOT expecting that! it`s absolutely gorgeous though! it`s not really a green but i`m pretty sure i don`t have any green shadows, and i was pretty happy with this color in the crease :) blend a lot!!
4. pat half truth onto the outer corner. make sure to PAT and not swipe! if you swipe, the color won`t show up as well. this adds subtle definition and creates a smokey effect.
5. after i applied half truth, i went back with a blending brush and deep end in the crease because some of the purple got mixed with the teal and it just wasn`t looking good LOL
6. apply vanilla as a brow bone highlight
7. apply a gel liner and do a thick wing. i used maybelline eyestudio gel liner
8. apply your favorite mascara!
mardi gras is on tuesday!! are you planning on doing anything special? :)