Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Today I thought I`d do something different to what I usually do on here, which is a "makeup I don`t use" post. I have tons of makeup in my drawer and I only use a couple of everyday items as I like to call them, my go-to items, if you will. Some of you probably won`t find this very interesting but I wanted to steer away from the review side of things for a change and just give some honest reviews on a couple of items I own. This would probably be better if it was in a video but I`m not a confident public speaker so I`ll stick to blogging :P
Firstly, I`ll start with foundations.
- Maybelline Pure Liquid Mineral.
Doesn`t give anywhere near the type of coverage I want for my acne, plus the colour Ivory is a little too dark for my skintone.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation.
Now this one is a bit of a cheat because I HAVE used this in the past and I really liked it, it gave great colour, great coverage and stayed on during nights out when I got hot and sweaty. I don`t use it anymore because a) the colour is too dark and b) it started to get used to my skin and became hard to manipulate.*
- 17 Photo Flawless Foundation.
I`ve done a review on this on my page and expressed my strong dislike to it. Did not give any sort of coverage at all, the item is very oily and it left my face a million different colours. Also it settles into every wrinkle, crack and crevice on your face. Transfers easy. Awful all round.
- Maxfactor Colour Adapt (70 Natural)
Feels like a lovely product, very silky to touch and applies evenly but doesn`t give heavy coverage.
- Maybelline SuperStay 24H (010 Ivory & 021 Nude)
This is actually my go-to foundation, but these shades are too dark for me, unless I tan then they are perfect. Barely used just for that reason.
-Olay Complete Care Touch Of Foundation.
I have used this item in the past too, but I`m not a big fan. I`ve been told I looked tanned when I use it, but I hate the feel it leaves on my skin and I feel it looks very patchy. For just a moisturizer it`s extremely heavy and feels like it`s clogging my pores rather than doing them good.
-L`Oreal True Match Minerals.
I used to use this a long time ago, but it feels very strange on my skin now I`m used to liquid foundations. Doesn`t give the coverage I require, but if you have clear skin I`d recommend this. Stays super matte.
Right, now I`ve moved away from foundations I`m going to class all my next products together eg mascaras, eyeliners, eyeshadows as I don`t have a lot to say about each.
- Maxfactor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush (14 Soft Pink). Nice colour but I don`t like cream blushes. Got it in a free gift pack from Boots.
- NYX Glitter Creme Palette. Disappointed with false advertising. There`s a layer of bright glitter on the top, then when you get below this it`s an awful, dull, creamy gel. :(
- L`Oreal Nude Magique CC Cream. Don`t know what to do with it, in all honesty!
-Bourjois Liner Clubbing (83 Electro Blue). Past my bright eyeliner stage. I stick to black now.
- Technic Eyeliner Pencil, Bourjois Liner Feutre, Collection 2000 Eye Definer, Collection 2000 Intense Colour Supersoft Kohl Pencil & Sexy & Love Eye Pencil (all black). I find all of these products smudge and run very easily. I end up with half missing eyeliner and panda eyes extremely quickly. :/
- Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner. Difficult to use and smudges easily. Lumpy.
- Janet Lipstick (54 and 55). Great colours but comes off too easily whilst drinking/eating/wetting lips by habit.
And that`s it! Thanks so much for reading guys. It was pretty long and tedious, I know, but if you have any products that you`ve bought and never used I`d love to hear about them! Leave them in a comment below. NAME AND SHAME!
*This sounds so weird but in my opinion, it`s good to change your foundation now and then because after a while it will get used to my skin and become gloopy and start to give bad coverage etc.
blog makeup tag