Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
These delicious French pastry cookies are to die for! They are sure a handful to make but if you know how to make properly and efficiently then they are sure a treat to be proud for.
I`ve watched and read tons of instructions on how to make these round colourful cookies. There are many ways and different tips to master these treats but here is my way of making them.
First, you will need:
3/4 cup of Almond powder, meal
1 cup of powder sugar, confectioners sugar
4 tbsp of sugar
Food colouring of your choice
Vanilla extract, any other extracts you have
FIRSTT! PRE HEAT YOUR OVEN TO 300 degrees.
1. In a large bowl combine the powdered sugar and almond powder together.
2. Once those are both mixed with your whisk, which I prefer to use, into another bowl, sift those them until you have small almond bits left.
3. Set that aside, then with your eggs, separate the egg whites and yolk and beat/whisk the egg whites until fluffy.
4. Now this is the part where it can all go wrong! You need to make sure that you whisk your egg whites for at least 5 minutes non-stop.
5. As you keep beating those whites, slowly add the tablespoons of sugar one at a time and then continue to whisk them until the peaks of the whites don`t move when you shake the beaters. They should look rock-solid.
6. Usually I beat them for a straight 8-10 minutes until like super legit fluffy.
7. Once that`s done, you can use you rubber spatula and fold the powdered sugar and almond powder into the egg whites.
8. This is also another part that can lead to failure!
9. You need to fold and mix the mixture so that it`s not too over-mixed and not under-mixed.
You can go check some videos on how to know whether or not it is well mixed. You could usually know by it still being thick and gooey but it drizzling down when you pick up the mixture with your spatula.
10. Then you can separate the mixture into how many colors you want and then add your flavoring and mix it well.
Make sure to add a significant amount of food colouring because when it bakes the color will fade.
11. You can insert the mixture into piping bags and with your cookie sheets lined with parchment paper you can squeeze out the mixture into fairly same sized circles.
12. Once you got those all piped, do not put them in the oven! Leave it out for at least 20-30 minutes.
This will let help them rise and not spread out and get those feet or ridges the true macaroons possess!
13. After those hard 20-30 minutes of waiting you can pop them into the oven and bake them for 20 minutes.
14. When you hear the timer go off, you can take them out and leave them to chill. They cool pretty fast so just make sure you give them enough time to put your filling in!
Fillings can be like butter cream, nutella, jams, lemon curd, or even whipping cream!
Happy Cooking! :D
AND GOOD LUCK