Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hi everyone! Today, December 1, is World AIDS Day. Every year on this day, people come together in the fight against HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus). Take a moment to check out one, a few, or all of these websites for more facts.
The best thing you can do is to educate yourself on this illness. Here are a few facts taken from the World Health Organization:
What is HIV?
The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a retrovirus that infects cells of the immune system, destroying or impairing their function. As the infection progresses, the immune system becomes weaker, and the person becomes more susceptible to infections. The most advanced stage of HIV infection is acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). It can take 10-15 years for an HIV-infected person to develop AIDS; antiretroviral drugs can slow down the process even further.
- HIV continues to be a major global public health issue, having claimed more than 25 million lives over the past three decades.
- There were approximately 34 [31.435.9] million people living with HIV in 2011.
- Sub-Saharan Africa is the most affected region, with nearly 1 in every 20 adults living with HIV. Sixty nine per cent of all people living with HIV are living in this region.
- HIV infection is usually diagnosed through blood tests detecting the presence or absence of HIV antibodies.
- There is no cure for HIV infection. However, effective treatment with antiretroviral drugs can control the virus so that people with HIV can enjoy healthy and productive lives.
MAC`s Viva Glam campaign has been operating since 1994 to raise money for MAC`s AIDS Fund. 100% (every single penny!) of your purchase of a Viva Glam product goes to the MAC AIDS Fund. Today only, MAC will DOUBLE your donation purchase of any Viva Glam product. There are various lip products for $15 and Viva Glam gift set for $30, which means MAC will donate $30 and $60 respectively for your purchase. That is pretty amazing for a company to donate all the money from a product to cause. Here`s a link to MAC`s website where you can purchase Viva Glam products: http://www.maccosmetics.com/whats_new/10441/New-Collections/Every-Day-is-World-Aids-Day/index.tmpl
EDIT: I also want to add that MAC has free shipping until the end of December!
Source link: http://www.maccosmetics.com