Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
It must be clear by now but I`m a huge fan of mac & cheese and a huge fan of grilled cheese sandwiches. So when I saw this recipe for Mac & Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwiches on BS In The Kitchen (great website btw), I thought WHY NOT. SOUNDS GREAT. And let me say, it did not disappoint. Check out the recipe below and give it a whirl! :)
2 slices of french bread
1 cup leftover macaroni & cheese pasta
panko bread crumbs
½ (heaping) cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt & pepper
1. Get a pan on medium heat with a chunk of butter.
2. While pan is heating, in a bowl, mix macaroni & cheese, around 2 tablespoons of panko crumbs, a couple pinches of cheese, and salt & pepper to taste.
3. Mix ingredients together, then form into patties, placing in heated pan.
4. Cook until golden brown on each side.
5. While the macaroni & cheese patties cook, prepare the rest of the sandwich. Butter the outside of each slice.
6. Once buttered, take a plate with panko crumbs and press the buttered side of each slice into the pankos to crust the sandwich.
7. Place about half of the cheese on the bottom slice.
8. Once patties are cooked, add it on top of cheese, then top with more cheese, and other slice of bread.
9. Fry until golden brown on each side.
Happy cooking! Let me know how it goes and check out BS In The Kitchen for more amazing recipes! :)
Source link: http://bsinthekitchen.com/mac-cheese-grilled-cheese/