Hey everyone! I know in my other Spring Look posts, I used a mixture of both high-end and drugstore products but I was thinking that it would be a fun challenge to do one more post with just using all drugstore products! Plus its a great post for those who don`t have the budget to spend money on a bunch of high-end products. I feel like there are so many drugstore products out there that can be comparable to high-end products, so I thought it was finally time to do a Spring Look using only drugstore products. What do you guys think?
FACE: PONDS Dry Skin Cream MAYBELLINE Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer Buff L`OREAL True Match Lumi Foundation W4 Warm ALMAY Clear Complexion Foundation 600 Sand ALMAY Clear Complexion Concealer + Treatmeant Gel 200 Light/Medium REVLON Nearly Naked Pressed Powder 010 Fair PHYSICIANS FORMULA HealthyWear Bronzer Tan RIMMEL Lasting Finish Powder Blush & Highlighter 006 Autumn Catwalk ELF STUDIO Powder Brush ECOTOOLS Bronzing Brush ELF STUDIO Small Tapered Brush ESSENCE OF BEAUTY Powder Brush
EYES: ELF STUDIO Eyebrow Kit Dark ELF Eyelid Primer Sheer MAYBELLINE ExpertWear Eyeshadow Quad 30 Seashore Frosts RIMMEL Lash Accelerator Mascara 003 Extreme Black MAYBELLINE The Falsies Volum` Express Black Drama NYC Eyeliner Duet 885 Islands in the Stream ELF Eyeshadow Brush ECOTOOLS Small Blending Brush LONDON SOHO Blending Brush REVLON Lash Curler
LIPS: NIVEA Lip Butter Raspberry Rose Kiss REVLON Lip Butter Strawberry Shortcake
- First off, I made sure to apply my PONDS Dry Skin Cream because my face has been getting some dry patches due to the cold weather lately. I also make sure to moisturize my lips with my NIVEA Lip Butter Raspberry Rose Kiss.
- I applied MAYBELLINE Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer Buff onto my under-eye areas.
- I mixed both L`OREAL True Match Lumi Foundation W4 Warm and my ALMAY Clear Complexion Foundation 600 Sand together because I have really been loving the results of these two on my skin. Both have given me the perfect coverage and finish when blended together. I just use my ELF STUDIO Powder Brush to stipple the foundations on my face and blend it all together. Stippling the foundation onto the face gives you more coverage.
- Since I still have some spots that I would like to conceal, I apply my ALMAY Clear Complexions Concealer + Treatment Gel 200 Light/Medium. I just use the concealer side and dot that on the spots that need concealing and blend with my finger.
- Once I blend the concealer, I apply my current favorite REVLON Nearly Naked Pressed Powder 010 Fair with my ECOTOOLS Bronzing Brush to just set my foundation.
- I always love contouring my face because I feel like it just accentuates my cheekbones more. Plus it also gives me a more defined look. Recently, I have been just using my PHYSICIANS FORMULA HealthyWear Bronzer Tan with my ELF STUDIO Small Tapered Brush. I just apply this bronzer in the contours of my cheekbones as well on the sides of my forehead, chin, and nose.
- Since Spring is all about looking fresh, I wanted to use my RIMMEL Lasting Finish Powder Blush & Highlighter 006 Autumn Catwalk since its gives my cheeks the perfect pink glow. I just swirl my brush in all three shades since I love the color that it gives of. Plus I love the highlighter as well, which I also applied onto my cheekbones using the same brush to apply my blush, which is the ESSENCE OF BEAUTY Powder Brush. I don`t always use a blush brush to apply blush because I feel like those don`t always apply or fit well enough for my cheeks so I need to use brushes that are a bit bigger.
- I always make sure to do my brows for every look because I feel like a face isn`t complete without defined brows. My favorite brow product is the ELF STUDIO Eyebrow Kit Dark. I just use the applicator that comes with the compact. I use the angled side of the brush to apply the brow wax first and then use the fluffy shadow side to apply the brow powder to set the wax.
- After doing my brows, I applied ELF Eyelid Primer Sheer onto the lids of my eyes to prime them for shadow. I love this because it comes with an brush applicator in the cap so it makes it super easy to apply primer onto the lids.
- Since I want to go for a Spring look, I decided to use my MAYBELLINE ExpertWear Eyeshadow Quad 30 Seashore Frosts. This quad comes with a bluish-purple, purple, light cream purple, and an emerald green--all shades perfect for describing Spring.
- Using my ELF Eyeshadow Brush, I applied the shade meant for the lid onto my lid. Its not really that pigmented so I had to tap the bluish-purple shade all over my lid.
- Using my ECOTOOLS Small Blending Brush, I applied the shade labeled crease onto my crease area. I applied the purple shade lightly because I didn`t want it too intense.
- Next, I used the same brush that I used to blend my crease to apply the emerald green shade onto the outer corner of my lids. I also used to same ELF Eyeshadow Brush to apply the emerald shade on my bottom lash line as well.
- After blending everything out, I used my LONDON SOHO Blending Brush too apply the shade labeled brow bone as my highlight.
- Next, I curled my lashes with my REVLON Lash Curler to get my lashes ready for mascara.
- Using my RIMMEL Lash Accelerator Mascara 003 Extreme Black, I applied mascara onto my lashes and the MAYBELLINE The Falsies Volum` Express Black Drama onto my lower lashes.
- After my top lashes were dry, I curled them again with my REVLON Lash Curler.
- I also lined my waterline with NYC Eyeliner Duet 885 Islands in the Stream. Since this eyeliner comes with two shades, I only used the emerald green side.
- Since I did my eyes pretty colorful, I didn`t want my lips to be too bold so I picked out a light pink shade. I used REVLON Lip Butter Strawberry Shortcake.
You can style your hair anyway you would like but I just always comb through my hair and sometimes bobby pin my bangs since they are long and get in the way. For this look, I just pushed my bangs back so they would curve around my face. For the nails, I thought that my eye look went so much with my previous mani that I decided to wear it again. I just love how Mint Apple looked with my eyes. NAILS:
ORLY Top2Bottom Base Coat SINFUL COLORS Nail Polish Mint Apple SECHE VITE Top Coat So that`s it for my whole FOTD, EOTD, and NOTD! LOL Thats a whole lot of OTDs in that one sentence! This is probably my last entry for the Luuux Spring Beauty Look Competition but if you would like to see more looks, please let me know because I definitely had a lot of fun creating them. I usually don`t wear colors except for neutrals but lately I have really been loving all the colorful looks that I have been creating. Plus I love wearing them outside! Again, I just want to thank Luuux for coming up with this contest!! QUESTIONS:
Do you like using Maybelline shadows? What colors do you envision when you think of Spring? How do you feel about my Spring look? ================================================================== MY MAKEUP BLOG: http://lisalovesmakeup87.blogspot.com/ TWITTER: https://twitter.com/#!/LisaLovMakeup87 INSTAGRAM:
/viz/instagram.com PINTEREST: https://pinterest.com/lisalovmakeup87 YOUTUBE (coming soon): http://www.youtube.com/user/LisaLovesMakeup87 **All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**