Hey everyone! This is actually my first time entering in a beauty competition and I actually had so much fun playing around with my makeup. LOL I was going through my whole makeup collection to look for the colors that I wanted to use. My desk was covered with so many choices that I might actually be coming up with more than one Spring look. Whenever I envision Spring, I always think about the flowers and how they are starting to bloom. I don`t know about you guys but my favorite flowers tend to be either pink or purple, hence the colors that I used in this look. I am actually surprised that I decided to try using pinks and purples since I tend to wear soft neutral shades but I knew that I had to make the colors bold to show up clearly. Plus I just love how it all worked out together. It was still bright, yet wearable for outside. I even wore this whole look for the day where I went shopping and ran errands. I actually got a couple of compliments so I am super happy with how this look turned out! I hope that you guys will enjoy my Spring Beauty Look entry and recreate it as well since its a great look for the Spring, especially year around as well.
Face: TARTE Amazonian Clay Foundation Light KAT VON D Concealer Light REVLON Nearly Naked Pressed Powder Fair TARTE Mineral Bronzer Park Ave Princess LAURA MERCIER Blush Pink Orchid
Eyes: URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow Scratch URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow Woodstock URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow Flash URBAN DECAY Eyeliner A Sphyxia TARTE Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara ELF STUDIO Eyebrow Kit Dark
Lips: ELF STUDIO Lip Lock Pencil YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #8 Pink in Confidence
- Lately I have trying out a foundation that I have been debating whether or not to buy. I recently got a sample of the TARTE Amazonian Clay Foundation Light and I have really been liking it. I just applied this with my ELF STUDIO Powder Brush.
- Another product that I have been trying out as well is the KAT VON D Concealer Light. I just apply this onto the places where I need it and blend with my finger.
- After all my spots are concealed, I apply the REVLON Nearly Naked Pressed Powder Fair with my REAL TECHNIQUES Powder Brush.
- After setting my foundation, I like to contour my face with my TARTE Mineral Bronzer Park Ave Princess. I just apply the bronzer with my REAL TECHNIQUES Contour Brush on the sides of my forehead, nose, and chin.
- After contouring my cheekbones, I applied the LAURA MERCIER Blush Pink Orchid with my REAL TECHNIQUES Multi Task Brush. Pink Orchid just gives my cheeks a pretty pink glow.
- First, I did my brows with my ELF STUDIO Eyebrow Kit Dark. I first applied the brow wax onto my brows to make them more defined and then applied the brow powder to set the wax.
- After I primed my eyes with my URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
- Once my eyes were primed, I applied URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow Scratch onto the inner corners of my lids as well into the crease and applied URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow Woodstock on the middle of my lids.
- Last, I applied URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow Flash onto the outer corner of my lids and blended the shade up.
- Once I was done blending, I applied URBAN DECAY Eyeliner A Sphyxia onto the top of my lash line for a more defined look and finished off with my TARTE Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara for my lashes.
- After my lashes were dry, I curled them with REVLON Lash Curler and applied my ELF STUDIO Lip Lock Pencil around my lips to keep my lipstick from moving.
- To complete off my whole FOTD, I applied the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #8 Pink in Confidence onto my lips.
I also decided to paint my nails to somewhat go with my eyes. I don`t know why but I was just loving the colors so I wanted to use similar ones on my nails as well. Too bad Urban Decay doesn`t come out with nail polishes that are the EXACT same shades as their eye shadows because that would be so cool. That way you can exactly match your nails to your eyes. LOL Do you guys think thats a great idea? Its been such a long time since I`ve done french tip style and I never done one with glitter before but have always wanted to try since I love glitter on the nails! I`m happy with the whole outcome and hope that you guys love it as well. Nails:
ORLY Top2Bottom Base Coat SINFUL COLORS Nail Polish 313 Pink Forever SINFUL COLORS Nail Polish 930 I Miss You SECHE VITE Top Coat For my nails, I applied my base coat first and waited for it to try. Once it dried, I applied two thin coats of Pink Forever onto my nails and them applied I Miss You onto the tips of my nails. I just love how its french tip styled but with glitter! Once I felt that the glitter dried a bit, I applied my top coat to give my nails a glossy shine and voila! So those are all the products that I used! Some were products that I have been meaning to try and that I got samples of. I actually am in love with all the new products that I used and actually can`t wait to get my hands on the full sizes, like the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation! I can see why so many people rave about it. I think that this look is perfect for the Spring because of all the colors used in the eye look. Plus I actually love how super wearable it is! I was going to include false lashes in this look but I actually wanted my lashes to be more natural for this look. If you would like to see any reviews on any of the products used for creating this look or more similar looks like this, definitely let me know because I actually had a fun time coming up with this. Thanks Luuux for having this competition because it was definitely a lot of fun coming up with this whole look! QUESTIONS:
Have you ever used any of these products featured in this look? What colors do you envision when you think of Spring? How do you feel about my Pinks & Purples Spring Look? ================================================================== MY MAKEUP BLOG: http://lisalovesmakeup87.blogspot.com/ TWITTER: https://twitter.com/#!/LisaLovMakeup87 INSTAGRAM:
/viz/instagram.com PINTEREST: https://pinterest.com/lisalovmakeup87 YOUTUBE (coming soon): http://www.youtube.com/user/LisaLovesMakeup87 **All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**