Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Lea Journo Hydra-Riche Hydrating Conditioner
I received a generously sized sample of the Lea Journo Hydra-Riche Hydrating Conditioner in my QVC Special - NewBeauty TestTube Summer/Fall 2011. I`ve been using this conditioner off and on for the past 3 months, and I`ve only used up half of the entire 3 oz. packet, so I figured it was about time to do a review on this product.
This is the first time I`ve heard of/seen this brand, so who is Lea Journo?
photo from: http://leajournoshop.com
A celebrity "hairstylist extraordinaire" who "owns Beverly Hills` hippest salon at the Beverly Wilshire on Rodeo Drive".
Salon Performance Collection
for beautiful, healthy, younger-looking hair
Each product is formulated to intensify the appearance of younger, shinier, healthier, more beautiful hair with a delicate balance of advanced performance ingredients and natural beauty actives.
THINK ECO-GLAM WITH LEA JOURNO
Beauty with a Conscience
The undercurrent of eco-friendly attributes is seen throughout the product line as a seamless fusion of glamour and green consciousness.
packaging that leaves behind a smaller footprint
http://LeaJournoShop.com: Hydra-Riche Hydrating Conditioner
(Full Size) 10 oz. $28.00 / (Travel Size) 2 oz. $10.00
What it is: A luxurious, moisture intensive conditioner that restores body and shine while protecting hair health from color and chemical treatments. Ideal for all hair types. SULFATE-FREE. PARABEN-FREE.
What it does: Indulges hair with très riche shine, softness, and body for younger-looking, healthier hair. Helps maximize the life of color treated and chemically straightened hair as well as the longevity of Brazilian Blowouts.
- French Plum Oil to soften & moisturize
- Silk Proteins to smooth & strengthen
- Sweet Almond Peptides to shine & revitalize
- Sulfate & Paraben free to protect hair health & color longevity
What else you should know: Lea Journo features exclusive 100% Pure French Plum Oil, a luxurious botanical oil harvested in the south-west of France via cold-pressure of the plum kernel (Prunus domestica).
High in fatty acids, this indispensable oil imparts a silky-softness, essential moisture, and indulgent feel to hair for improved styling performance and overall beauty.
For beautiful results: Massage through clean, wet hair. Rinse thoroughly.
For intensified treatment: Apply to towel dried hair and rinse after 5 minutes.
A little background on my hair type:
I have "normal" hair, it`s not oily or dry; it`s naturally pin straight, soft, smooth, shiny and tangle free (except when it gets longer than 12", then the hair underneath will begin to tangle up on it`s own). I never have a problem with frizz, spraying at the ends or split ends (unless I go over a year without getting a trim then the ends will split on their own). I only get my hair trimmed once a year (sometimes longer if I forget). I rarely blow dry my hair, I only comb my hair right after washing it - I never brush or comb it during the day. My hair is not fine or thick, but I have a lot of it. My hair gets very heavy, especially when I grow it out long - because of this I wash it either every day or every other day. Aside from shampoo and conditioner, I don`t use any other hair products to style my hair or treat my hair. I have recently added Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque - but I only use this once a week.
Unlike most hair care products, this packaging is completely FULL when new. Mine is barely nearing half full after 3 months of use!
- Smells salon-good - kinda perfumey - the scent lasts in my hair all day and night until I wash my hair again.
- The consistency is creamier than your average drugstore conditioner, so you only need a small amount to cover everything. I have medium length hair and I only use about 4-peas-worth amount.
- The day I wash my hair, it is more soft and smooth than when I don`t use a conditioner on my hair.
- The packaging is a bit awkward to use in the shower because it has a screw off top, if it had a flip top, it`d be a little more user-friendly.
- Because of its creamier consistency, my hair tends to get more build up quicker and needs to be washed every day. (compared to my go-to Tresemme Naturals Moisture Conditioner)
- On the day I wash my hair and use this conditioner, my hair feels significantly weighed down by the end of the day - I rarely sport second day hair when I use this conditioner.
Overall, I won`t be repurchasing this conditioner. And to be honest, I`m giving the remainder of it to my BF because I cannot stand to use it anymore. Although it smells nice and does it`s job, I can`t get over the fact that it attracts more dirt to my hair on the first day, so that my second day hair is so dirty that I can`t wear it down or even go without washing it on the second day. I`m not sure if I would recommend this conditioner because I feel a good conditioner shouldn`t require you to wash your hair more often, it should prep your hair to last at least two days without that dirty feeling of needing a wash. I say "not sure" about recommending it, because of its heavier quality, it might help those who have dryer hair than mine.
* * * * * *
* * * * * *
BEAUTY BLOG: http://www.beautybykrystal.com
LIFE BLOG: http://www.lifebykrystal-c.blogspot.com
BEAUTY CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/BeautyByKrystal
VLOG CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/LifeByKrystal