KFC food poisoning

4 years ago

Credit goes to YAHOO news

While Monika Samaan eventually woke from her six-month coma after eating a Twister wrap from a store located in Sydney, Australia, she suffered brain damage that has left her unable to speak and confined to a wheelchair.

In a statement following the verdict KFC said it was deeply disappointed in the outcome and is already planning an appeal.

In their verdict a judge of the Supreme Court of the state of New South Wales said KFC breached its duty in caring for the girl after they caused her bodily hard.

Speaking of the families circumstances at this time family attorney George Vlahakis told the BBC:

Monikas severe brain damage and severe disability has already exhausted the very limited resources of the family, he said.

Vlahakis added:

Monika is now a big girl and they are finding it increasingly difficult to lift her and to look after her basic needs as well as look after Monikas younger siblings. The compensation ordered is very much needed. KFC have to date been determined that Monika does not receive a cent.

KFC however argues that there is no proof that its contamination has led to Monikas brain damage. The company says they feel sorry for the family while adding:

We also have a responsibility to defend KFCs reputation as a provider of safe, high-quality food.

In the meantime the KFC location in question is also fighting claims that it was caught reusing chicken that had fallen on the floor.

CREDIT: yahoo news

Source link: http://www.inquisitr.com/226293/kfc-lawsuit-leads-to-8-3-million-verdict-for-poisoned-girl/

Follow Luuux

Related Posts

Trending Food