Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
I always love to cook and try something out new. I want my family to enjoy my cooking more and I know how my husband love fried chicken. So recently I decided to make Karaage, Japanese Fried Chicken. I used chicken thighs with skin on it, cause it taste better in one of the tutorial I followed the recipe. It turned out okay and it was pretty good. I need to add more flavor in to make the chicken flavor stand out. The only thing I didn`t use in this recipe was sake, probably because of that the flavor of the chicken didn`t stand out when I was eating it. Here`s a pic of my Karaage. I normally love to eat this, but when I always ordered this dish it`s a bit spicy for my liking and this dish can be a bit pricey.
Have you tried this dish before? What do you think of my Karaage?
Image is mine!
Difficulty: Very Easy
Time: 40min (incl. marinating time)
Number of servings: 2
250g (8.8oz.) chicken thigh (with skin)
* 1 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1/2 tbsp. ginger juice
* 1/2 tbsp. sake
1/2 beaten egg
* 1 tbsp. flour
* 1 tbsp. katakuriko (potato starch)
vegetable oil for deep frying
ketchup or lemon if preferred
1. Remove unwanted fat but leave the skin of chicken (because the skin makes the chicken crispier!) and cut up into bite-size pieces.
2. Put the chicken in a bowl, add A and marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Drain well and mix beaten egg. Then mix B.
4. Fry them in oil at 170C (338F) for 5 minutes. Then turn to 190C (374F) and cook for 20 seconds to fry to a crisp golden brown.
Source link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bam1EE5NqhA