Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Hello lovely Luuuxers!
With the dead of winter upon us in the Midwest states, I have had to adjust my beauty and skincare routine to adjust to the harsh, dry and cold air. My priority has switched to maintaining radiance and hydration in my skin. I thought I would show you all the ten cosmetic, hair- and skin-care products that have been life-savers for me the past few months!
1. Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Waterproof Makeup Remover and Cleanser. In the dry winter, my skin gets too parched to wash it twice a day. I like to have a nice clean face in the morning before applying makeup, so it`s nice to have a product like this that will take off my makeup and cleanse my skin without stripping it of its moisture. This is the first micellar water I have ever tried, and it has turned me into a believer! Every trace of makeup is removed, yes including waterproof mascara, and it does not irritate my sensitive skin and eyes. My skin is left feeling clean and hydrated and I wake up in the morning with fresh and hydrated feeling. I also love how this product will last me for a very long time, and is much more cost effective than cleansing wipes.
2. Vaseline Intensive Care Healing Serum Advanced Relief Body Lotion: One of my biggest problems in the winter is dry skin on my body, particularly my legs. It is agonizing to shave when I know my skin will be dry and itchy afterward. This lotion works amazingly to hydrate my skin without leaving it greasy, and when I use this lotion, I no longer experience the unbearable itchiness. I also love how it smells--it has a very clean and sophisticated fragrance.
3. Vaseline Lip Therapy in Creme Brûlée: My lips always get really dry, cracked, and peel-y in the cold weather. Before I go to bed, I like to use a really intense and thick lip balm to give my lips a dose of moisture, and the Vaseline Lip Therapy balms are my absolute favorite. The packaging is so cute, like a teeny tiny jar of Vaseline, and the flavors are great. In the past, I`ve loved the Cocoa Butter and Rose varieties, but right now I`m using Creme Brûlée and it smells awesome! These are cheap at the drugstore, so definitely check them out if you struggle with dry or cracked lips, or if you are a lover of liquid lipsticks which can be drying even for the best of us.
4. Lancome Tonique Confort Toner: I enjoy using toners to ensure the last traces of dirt are cleansed off my skin. However, they can be pretty harsh when my skin is dry, so this toner from Lancome is absolutely perfect. It is soothing and gentle and hydrating, while still being effective in wiping away dirt and grime and cleaning my pores, especially around my nose.
5. L`Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation: This foundation is a new one at the drugstore, and has been incredible for my skin at this time of year. I am a big fan of the True Match line in general, and have been using the original True Match foundation since I was in high school. I also have used the regular True Match Lumi liquid foundation for quite awhile and I love the luminous finish it gives. This cushion foundation makes my skin look flawless and radiant, but not too shiny. It just looks like my natural skin with some added `oomph.` I also love how easy the cushion format makes foundation application. All I have to do is bounce my Beauty Blender or brush into the compact and apply it straight to my face. This foundation is a bit pricey for drugstore standards but it works well, doesn`t oxidize, has a pretty good shade and undertone range, and is eligible for sales and coupons!
6. Garnier SkinActive Miracle Anti-Fatigue Wake-Up Hydra-Gel Moisturizer: One of my biggest beauty problems in the winter is finding a moisturizer that adds enough deep hydration to my skin without being too heavy or greasy underneath foundation. This moisturizer has a liquid-gel consistency and it strikes a perfect balance between adding intense hydration to my skin and making it feel supple and comfortable, while also sinking in completely and leaving behind a perfect, satiny canvas for makeup application. I am really loving this entire new skincare line from Garnier and I want to try their eye cream next!
7. Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Balm: I have received a few miniature tubes of this lip balm from Sephora over the years as free samples, and I absolutely love it. Like I mentioned earlier, my lips require intense hydration during the winter, but a thick balm like the Vaseline one is not great for daytime or on-the-go use. This lip balm smells lemony, has a perfect texture (not too balmy, not too greasy) and keeps my lips super soft. Plus, it leaves the slightest hint of rosy tint to my lips, which is nice for the days when I don`t want to wear a drying lipstick but still want to look polished. A similar product from the drugstore is the Maybelline Baby Lips, but I find that those are not very hydrating and are sort of greasy, whereas the Fresh lip balm is more rich and buttery.
8. Make Up For Ever Pro Bronze Fusion Bronzer in 20M: I personally think that it`s important to incorporate bronzer all year round, and not just in the summer. However, the bronzer has to be the right tone in order for it to not look too orange or intense. This bronzer is perfect for winter-time wear for a few reasons. First of all, it adds warmth to the skin but does not lean too warm or orange, at least on my skin. However, it also does not lean too cool, which could look too stark and almost like dirt. It is a perfect subtle tone to bring life back to my face when I am at my palest. The formula of this bronzer is what I like to call `idiot-proof.` I can tend to be heavy-handed with cheek products, and I always find mysel having to blend away color when I`ve applied too much. This bronzer does have pigment, but the `gel-fusion` formula ensures that the bronzer doesn`t kick up any powder at all when swirling my brush, and that just the right amount of pigment gets placed on your face, never too much. Of course, I could build it up to add more color, but I love how effortlessly this bronzer applies and blends to my face to look natural.
9. Laura Mercier Radiance Foundation Primer: I feel like primers are an amazing way to manipulate the finish of foundation. The thing I love most about this primer is that it makes my skin look radiant and healthy, but it does not contain any glitter whatsoever, and it still works to control my skin`s natural oils and keeps my foundation lasting a long time. This primer is pricey but I am such a believer in Laura Mercier products and I feel that with this product, you get what you pay for!
10. Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque: This hair product has gotten a lot of attention from bloggers and YouTubers, and I finally shelled out the money to try it, since I recently colored my hair and it was looking ultra dry and dull. This product normally comes in a large jar, but I recently also found it in squeeze-bottle form, which comes with less product but also costs less. But now I love it so much that I most definitely want to get a full jar once I have a coupon for CVS! This stuff smells divine and makes my hair so soft and silky that I can`t resist touching it all day. It has brought back luster and shine to my colored hair and makes it feel so much less damaged. But beware: it is an extremely rich conditioner, so using it too often will weigh hair down. I`ve been using it once a week with amazing results! Like I said, it is pricey so if you`re going to buy this, wait until CVS has a 20 or 30% off coupon and combine it with Extra Care Bucks to get a discount!
That is all for my winter survival essentials! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and New Year, and that you are staying toasty warm! Let me know if any of these products are essentials for you, or what products you swear by in the cold months!
(Is it summer yet?!! Brrrrr!)
(image and content is mine and exclusive to http://Luuux.com)
(Vaseline lotion was sent to me last year for free by Influenster, but this has not affected my opinion whatsoever and I was not compensated for this review)